Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
My Mood:
Oy, I knew this would happen :(

DH and I did serious serious serious praying/talking about getting my tubes tied after DS #2 came.
For us it was the right choice and being 37 already and having 2 miscarriages in a row, we felt it best to not have anymore.
And I knew in the back of my mind that it was going to be hard for a bit when baby fever hit.

Well DS #2 is only 2 months old and boy do I have baby fever!! I could totally be pregnant and fine with it right now...
I still know we made the right decision for us, but I didn't realize how tough it was going to be to deal with the natural feelings of wanting another

Okay, I'm just whining....sorry....

Anyone else deal with this?

Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Oy, I knew this would happen :(

I know exactly how you feel We took permanent measures too for a bunch of reasons (my age, finances, etc) and its still hard for me to know that I'll never have another baby. I"m not sure I would have ever felt "done" as far as that goes. I dont regret my decision though.
jebb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

wow baby fever already? maybe it came so soon because you know you are done. Sorry mama! Sounds like you made a very hard, but very smart choice. Good luck with the fever. i hear a good run of sleep deprivation helps on those fevers. LOL!
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching"
jewelzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I too had my tubes tied after #3 was born with major health problems. I now want another baby. I am seriously considering saving the money to have them undone. I REALLY regret having it done. So sorry I know how hard this is.
CanaDiaN momma to BOYS!
snangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't have any advice to offer, but I'm sorry you're having to sort through these feelings, mama
Home schooling mommy to 5, Cloth diapering, babywearing, catholic, and wife to my wonderful computer programming hubby
Ashleybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I understand. My DH insisted on having a vasectomy, and I had a really hard time for a while. It's been three years, and I'm doing better. It's hard when someone I'm close to gets pregnant. I'm doing a little free labor support for my close friends, that way I get to stay close to birth and cuddle a newborn occasionally.
My advice is to stay out of the TTC and pregnancy forums. Don't read the birth stories yet. Give it some time.
It will eventually get easier. I would love to have another baby, but I can find contentment in being the best mom that I can for the kids I have.
You're not being whiney, it's the end of a season in your life. It's appropriate to mourn. You might also have a little case of the baby blues. Ppd can sneak up on you any time during the first year so keep watch over your feelings, and talk to someone if your grief gets overwhelming. After all, you still have a new little one to care for.
Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I have SO been there!
Melissa ~
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote