Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how do you make baked french fries

well i mean homemade. I have a nifty little gadget that cut potatos curly style. But the only way i can make them so they taste right is to fry them. I am trying to loose weight so i want to use as little fat as possible. I tried to bake them plain the other day and cooked them for like 1 hour and some were done and hard to eat and so were still fresh potato like. Please help

Advertisement

peverroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
lovebugsmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how do you make baked french fries

If it is the same kind of potatoe curler that we used to have basically the entire potaote is in one curl with a little hole out of the middle. We used to take one end of the potaote and wrap it around to the other end so the potatoe was fanned into a circle then put a toothpick through both end to secure it. That way it would cook evenly. We used to top our with cheese (yummy), but not very diet friendly. You could probably spray it with a little olive oil.
lovebugsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

I used to take the slices, dip them in egg, then dip them in bread crumbs with some seasonings added to them. turned out really good. I need to make them again.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I peel and cut russet potatoes into wedges, put them in a bowl and toss them with olive oil and a seasoning blend I got from one of Emeril's cookbooks, then spread them on a cookie sheet and bake them (turning a few times) until slightly golden and tender. I'd say it takes about 40 min.? We like them this way.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat View Post
I peel and cut russet potatoes into wedges, put them in a bowl and toss them with olive oil and a seasoning blend I got from one of Emeril's cookbooks, then spread them on a cookie sheet and bake them (turning a few times) until slightly golden and tender. I'd say it takes about 40 min.? We like them this way.

yeah, I have done it similar to that too. very yummy
Old 11-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use organic olive oil spray (Pam). I learned that the hard way when I cooked them plain and I wound up with a whole bunch of mini baked potatoes.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat View Post
Do you think this would work for garlic fries? Just put in some garlic powder instead? Or minced garlic? I LOVE garlic fries.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sure, and I think garlic would work, and I'm going to try it! I Love garlic-- or maybe garlic and parmesan. mmmm.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote