Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Bleeding nipple

Hey mamas - DD has been nursing fine for about 6 months. A couple of weeks ago teething kicked into high gear and my boobs are killing me from her sucking so hard. Well now I have a crack that won't heal. It has gotten worse today and if she drinks from that side it immediately starts bleeding like crazy. I tried a nipple shield but she won't go near my boob with it on.

Can I support her on one side? Offer her pumped milk? Only pump on that side until the crack is healed? Any advice?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
Proud momma to DS Morgan, 10.28.05 , and DD Hannah, 2.15.08
baby-bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Bleeding nipple

hugs mama
those are great questions. wish i knew the answer, but wanted to bump you up so someone else can help hopefully!
Mama to my little guy K, almost 2 years old!!
takasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Bleeding nipple

I was going to suggest a nipple shield, but it looks like you have tried it. There are two diff. sizes in shields have you tried both? I would see if a diff. position would help maybe a football hold. Next if all else fails Do you usually feed on one side or both? If you feed on only one side then your fine to pump the other if you don't he/she may still be hungry after one side so I would pump and feed with a syringe or cup, But keep in mind the pump will not be as efficiant as baby. I hope this help please PM with any questions.
SAHM To boys!!Noah(5)Isaac- ( 3) & Ian (22 m)
non-vaxing, non-co-sleeping,circing,Extended rearfacing,Christ loving...grieving the tragic murder of my mom..(6-26-09)
motherof3boys is offline   Reply With Quote