Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Talking I love my new midwives!

This is not intended to be a rebuttal to the ladies who love their OB/GYNs. I know there are good and bad docs as well as good and bad midwives, and I'm thrilled for the ladies who have great OB/GYNs!

I just wanted to put in a rave for my new midwives. I switched practices in August because my old practice got rid of their midwives, and I wanted to continue midwife care. There were so many OB/GYNs at the old practice that you really couldn't get to know them, especially with their super-short 10 minute office visits. So I decided to take my business elsewhere, to another town in fact (because the midwives at my old place were the only ones in town). The decision to go with this new practice was also helped by the fact that one of the midwives from the old practice got hired at the new one. And I already knew and liked her.

Every time I drive down to the new practice, I thank my lucky stars that I was able to switch practices. Both of the new midwives that I've met are WONDERFUL, and really know their stuff. And since it's a smaller town and a smaller practice, I feel like I know the office staff already. The hospital has nicer L/D/R rooms than our hospital in town, and their nurses are really great and pro-midwife as well.

What has made me feel particularly good about this decision is just how open both of the new midwives were to EVERYTHING in our birth plan, and to our wishes to have a natural childbirth. DH and I have been taking Bradley classes together, and since we've been married 13 years now, I know he'll be a great labor coach because he knows exactly what he needs to do and say for me. Also, both of these ladies have been midwives for a long time, and they are just so comfortable, competent and knowledgeable!

I was so stressed out about changing practices in my third trimester, but now that I've had my 3rd visit down there, I feel fantastic about it! I'll be 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and now I have much more peace of mind about delivering this little guy!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: I love my new midwives!

that's great!! I didn't get a midwife until I was about 3 months pregnant but I'm so glad I did she's just awesome!
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote