Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #11
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Re: Can you use Spray and Wash on diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama
I would contact the seller and tell her what's been going on. I think you're entitled to at least a partial refund. Its crazy to sell something with stains on it and not tell the buyer or offer a refund.
I contacted the seller right after I bought them. She said she didnt notice the color. She then contacted the Fuzzi Bunz lady and asked her what I should do. She told me lemon juice and sun and she thought it was probably caused my her using a stain preventer (I found out last week that it was Spray and Wash). So I just assumed that would work. This was only like my 2nd cloth diaper purchase so I was just confused about it all. She did offer me a full refund, but said the stains should come out with the juice and sun. I didnt want to be mean and send them back so I just tried the juice and sun assuming it would work. It didnt, and at that point I couldnt send them back since I had already used them. I contacted her again last week and she told me it was spray and wash that she used. I am pretty sure you are not suppose to use that on diapers and that's what the FB lady told me yesterday. I am basically stuck with them now, partially being my fault for not returning them in the beginning. Like I said I was totally clueless when it came to dealing with the cloth. I am just hoping someone new how to get it out. The FB lady told me to try bleach, that it woudlnt hurt to use it one time. Worth a try I guess.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I have bleached fuzzi bunz before to sanitize after an infection(at my pediatricians insistance) and it did not hurt them. As long as you don't do it a lot it shouldn't hurt anything. My diapers came out looking bright and clean as new.HTH
Old 05-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #13
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe that the lemon juice didn't do the trick. It has gotten everything out of my dipes. The spray and wash must have done some serious damage! I to have bleached my dipes before. I was told to use a 1/2cup to a full hot load. Then you have to rinse, rinse, rinse. How were you doing the lemon and sun? I have found that if I put it into a spray bottle and apply to wet dipes it works the best. I then lay out a towel and put them fleece side up. That way they get maximum exposure. Sometimes I will have to go out in a few hours and reapply the juice to the bad spots. Then do a few hot washes to remove all the juice. I hope you can get them out!!!
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe you could just use the bleach pen if you are worried about it affeting the dipes?

I have used Shout a few times, and never had a problem... hmm...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would try Clorox two before using a bleach pen though, I don't think it would do anymore harm.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote