Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Need info

So, I'm due Nov 2nd and want to breastfeed. With my first one I didn't do any research before hand and I should of. When he was born a few days later they were worried as he lost a bit of weight and they took him without letting me know. He slept in my room. I was sleeping when they took him. So, he went for a while without eating. Then they were really worried as he didn't want to eat so they said to try formula. Being a first time worried mom I did. From that point on he really didn't want anything to do with the breast. I tried for about two or three weeks and he just didn't want it. So, I got very frustrated and quit. I'm really hoping that this time I stick with it and this baby is not so stubborn. So, I need any info or any sites with info about breastfeeding.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
MommyToNoah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need info

kellymom was a great resource for me. I also read a lot of great things in Dr. Sears The Baby Book and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

Good luck. I didn't allow pacifiers near DS and I told the hospital as soon as they wheeled me in my recovery room, bottles would not be allowed.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need info

I agree w/PP that kellymom.com is a good resource. Also, you should try to attend a local LLL meeting in October. It's nice to have a support system already in place, and that way you'll have thier names/#s in case you have questions once the LO is born.

Make sure the baby rooms in with you, and you specify "no artificial nipples." (That includes pacis and bottles.) Also, you can ask the Lactation Consultant to stop by while you're in the hospital to check your latch and answer questions. GL mama- you can do it!!