Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
diaper rash... teething?

katie never gets diaper rash since we started cd almost 2 months ago. even when she did get it with sposies, it was just a little pinkness in between the buns...

well late last week, and now again. she has a sudden pronounced rash. i am hoping to nip it in the bud quicker this time. last week it got very red, slightly raised, and shiny looking. it seemed to bother her when i had to wipe her.

there have been one or two light episodes of diarrhea as well.

she's also been acting differently - totally changing her schedule, skipping naps and being super fussy...

i *think* i see a possible first tooth under the gum on the bottom. could all this be teething?

i really don't think it's food related, she hasn't had anything new lately (bad mama)... no new detergents... and i've actually been using just water and cloth wipes. i'm at a loss.

Leslie (30) DH (38) DSS (8) DD Katie born 8/27/07

| sewing double| my graphic design studio
Growing Up Green congo - stocking 10/1 at 2pm EST!

Last edited by lesliev2001; 04-30-2008 at 09:47 PM.
lesliev2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: diaper rash... teething?

It is very possibly just teething. My two youngest have/had a terrible time when they are/were teething. My son's bottom would bleed no matter what I did for him. We did a lot of naked time with him. Not easy, as we had carpet, but it was the only way he could bear having a diaper on for when it was needed. My youngest isn't quite so bad as she's gotten older (she's 14 months now and teething and so far hasn't had the diarrhea) but she would when she was under a year. Just try and go naked when possible, or at least cover free. Diapers creams when you can, and make sure her diet is very bland until it passes. It should pass within a week, even if the tooth hasn't totally popped through. At least, it did with my two, so hope it would be the same for you.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

my 5 mo old is going through exactly what you stated and I just saw some white under gums today first tooth, hang in there mama I'm sure it's all going to pass, and then happen again of
Angela ,enjoying motherhood with our 4yr old son and 23mo old son,vegan,APing,homeschooling
angbaby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Sounds just like what my DD does! She is actually getting in new molars right now and has had a rash for about 2 weeks (it comes and goes). She is actually out of diapers except for at night.
Grace, Wife to Steve, SAHM to Josalynne Grace, 3 , Kaylee Alexis, 1/16/09 and a baby boy coming Jan. 23, 2010
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
grace_n_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

These things can definitely all be caused by teething. I think the official pediatrician stance is that teething does not cause fevers, diarrhea, diaper rash, etc, but I have experienced all of these to some extent with DS.
ddavis_inc is offline   Reply With Quote