Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:
Re: why are some not supportive at all??????????

My MIL tried to tell me that the baby is not getting enough, or doesn't nurse long enough so there is no way that she is getting what she needs from me. She keeps asking me when I am going to stop. DD is only going to be 3 months on Friday !!

All of my family wants to know why I haven't started giving her cereal. Then, tells me to call the Dr. to ask if I can give it to her !! What does it matter? I will give it to her at 6 mos., if she's ready.

This is my 4th baby, I think I know what I am doing.

Keep doing what you're doing. You ladies have been great in just today that I have started posting. I definately appreciate the support. I am here for you too !!

Nikki

Advertisement

football_cheer_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post

I totally understand!!! My in-laws were horrified that I was bfing and would constantly tell me that I dont' have enough milk to feed my baby and that I was starving her and that I should let them give a bottle to her. In all honesty, if it weren't for the fact that dd kept spitting out the bottle nipple, I probably would have given up.

Keep it up mama! You can do it!! dd self-weaned at 19 mo...I bf'd her as long as possible and to this day she hardly ever gets sick. (Ironically, she's really sick today!)

awwww sorry she's sick today!!!! and i hate that people don't think they get enough from bfing...what is up with that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football_cheer_mom View Post
My MIL tried to tell me that the baby is not getting enough, or doesn't nurse long enough so there is no way that she is getting what she needs from me. She keeps asking me when I am going to stop. DD is only going to be 3 months on Friday !!

All of my family wants to know why I haven't started giving her cereal. Then, tells me to call the Dr. to ask if I can give it to her !! What does it matter? I will give it to her at 6 mos., if she's ready.

This is my 4th baby, I think I know what I am doing.

Keep doing what you're doing. You ladies have been great in just today that I have started posting. I definately appreciate the support. I am here for you too !!

Nikki

we support whenever we can!!! definately don't giver her food until she's ready!! that is one thing my family does just bite their tongues on...well most of my family anyhow.

i remember with my oldest my grandpa was just going on and on about how there's all these things people used to do with their kids that we're now told not to and he just doesn't get it.....i finally got sick of it one day and piped up with "yes, but now more babies live so there must be something to it all" . i was shocked...he sat there and thought about it and said "well, i guess you're right. that's a wonderful point." i was AMAZED! this is a VERY VERY stubborn man, and for once he listened!!! probably will NEVER happen again though LOL.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #13
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

We support you.
ITA that teaching them not to bite is the same as teaching them not to hit or stick things in the light socket. My son bit me quite a bit and it was/is a constant learning experience. I would say that all babies experiment with biting at some point, it must be interesting to them to see cause and affect right there in front of them.
Babies have to get their jollies some how, right? Too bad our nips have to suffer!!
You can make a year mama!!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote