Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
christinaleigh
Registered Users

Re: Which pump do you think is best?

I love my Medela Freestyle. It is like the PISA but runs on a rechargeable battery and comes with all of the hands free things.

I like that you can find the Medela replacement parts virtually in any store....if something breaks or needs to be replaced, you don't have to wait to order online

I bought mine from Hackley medical supplies. They are AWESOME and you can't beat their prices. Check them out for whatever pump you buy...they sell different ones!

Advertisement

Babywearing and proud nursing mom - 3 beautiful children DS 2/01, DD 7/05, DD 3/08 - I'm back at work now. If you are expecting a PM from me be patient as I have limited access at work! If you see me on, I'm probably pumping and sneaking a peak online!
christinaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

my pump in style advance was a life saver for me i love it and i will stuck with medela products with baby number 3
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
cakemaven
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilthunderfox View Post
Could you be more specific about what you hate about the PISA? I am just curious I lookd into the Whittleston and it looks like a nice machine at a pretty fair price but you have to but a bunchof accessories that come with the PISA so I wondered what features etc. it has that you prefer over the PISA.
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been out of town for the last week!

The PISA yanked and tugged at my nipples. I have very large breasts and because I have nursed several babes, the skin on my breasts and nipples is no longer as tight as it once was. Because of the way the suction on the PIS works, it would pull my nipples and areolas down into the flanges. I tried larger flanges, smaller flanges, less suction, faster speed, slower speed. Nothing worked, so I was torn between using so little suction that I couldn't get any milk and using enough to get milk, but being in pain as it pinched and pulled at my nipples.

I prefer the whittlestone because it has a massaging feel to it and the suction was worlds more comfortable. I didn't find that I needed any extras. I just bought the kit with the bag and it all came with it.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #14
cyrdian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my Ameda Purely Yours (also marketed under the Lansinoh brand- same pump different names). Great price, comparable to the PISA, tons of settings, and works fabtastic. I have used a hospital medela and this works as well for me, but really I think whatever your body learns to let down into (assuming it is a decent pump) is great.

I tried the maual avent pump and failed miserably. Good luck!
cyrdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
cyrdian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

PS- I alo like that it is a completely closed system, so I don't have to worry about milk getting into the tubing.
cyrdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #16
cupcakesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyGmommy View Post
my pump in style advance was a life saver for me i love it and i will stuck with medela products with baby number 3
I use the Pump In Style too = love it
#2 surprise due in Nov 2014
cupcakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote