Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Drop a bottle, drop a pumping session???

Hi all,

I have been pumping for DD since 6 weeks when we both had thrush and she would never latch back on. She will be a year on the 26th of this month. She is still eating chunky purees and lots of snacky solids (crackers, cheese, bread)

She had been taking 4oz 4 times a day. She has just dropped her 4pm bottle this week. I am SO worried that if I drop a pumping session my supply will go down. I was hoping to be down to a morning and night pumping session only by 15 months. Do you think I would be ok to drop a session and see what happens?? My freezer supply is terrible and it takes me about a week to get an increase in supply.

ALSO

DD has had a TERRIBLE rash and I think it may be because I have been drink milk every morning in a protein shake. I quit the milk as of yesterday and am waiting to see if that is the cause. If it is, should I wait to introduce milk to her for fear of the same thing?? She is great with cheese and yogurt, but I wanted to start introducing some whole milk with a BM mix in her cup soon. What to you all think.

TIA

Advertisement

Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Drop a bottle, drop a pumping session???

Any ideas ladies???
Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
JuliaMaite
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here is some really good info:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/h...g_happens.html

My personal opinion on what you describe, particularly with your low freezer stash - why don't you keep pumping for a while to build up your freezer stash? You can reduce the amount you pump little by little instead of taking out the session entirely. That way your body is just getting the message about that session little by little, and you see how it goes while you build up your freezer stash...

I pump 3x a day while at work and that's what I plan on doing when the time comes (dd is 7 months).

Mama to Julia Maite 1/27/08 and #2 on the way - due January 2010 (Green Team)
JuliaMaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
JuliaMaite
Registered Users

My Mood:

Also, I would wait a few weeks or a month before introducing any milk to her if your drinking milk is affecting her... and then watch closely for reaction.

I also noted a reaction in dd when I drank milk (she would cry etc), so I plan on providing breastmilk for as long as possible. I plan on subsituting her bottle with a sippy cup as soon as she can hold one.

Mama to Julia Maite 1/27/08 and #2 on the way - due January 2010 (Green Team)
JuliaMaite is offline   Reply With Quote