Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
honeybee7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sleeping through the night..Now what?

My LO just starting sleeping through the night, before we were feeding every 2-4 hours and it seemed every time I woke up to feed I was really full, ready to go, these last two nights that he has slept I woke up with no fullness at all, I wondered if I even had any milk in there? (Actually these last few days I haven't had much fullness)
When he woke up it seemed like he fed fine but I am worried that my milk supply is going down.

Should I be worried?
This is my 1st time with successful breastfeeding and I am loving it! I would be heartbroken if I lost my supply??

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
mmillerRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night..Now what?

Your body has probably just adjusted to what your LO needs. If you're really worried, you could pump 1 time day for a little stash.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
grnoonan
Registered Users

For the first few months I was really full between feedings and would wake up soaked through my nursing pads. But pretty soon my supply adjusted, and now (at 10 months) I barely ever have full breasts, even after 11 hours between feedings overnight. But I still have plenty of milk. I don't know where it's hiding, but it's there! I wouldn't worry.
grnoonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
honeybee7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard that your milk supply will even out eventually but my LO is only 7 weeks? Should it have evened out already?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee7 View Post
I have heard that your milk supply will even out eventually but my LO is only 7 weeks? Should it have evened out already?
Things generally even out around 6 weeks. Sometimes it take longer for things even out and sometimes not.

for your lo sleeping through the night. Try not to get caught up in worrying about your supply. Your body is smart and will make enough milk for your baby. ( I now there are times when that isn't true but it usually from the start not 7 weeks down the road)

Last edited by saongiri; 09-11-2008 at 09:47 AM.
saongiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your body will adjust... no worries. Even now I sometimes fill fuller than usual or less. She nurses a lot less now that she is 13 months old (4-5 times a day).

But yay for sleeping through the night! I wish Boo would do that!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
takasmom
Registered Users

mama. you're doing great! it's totally normal to have worries like these. it's also totally normal for the initial "fullness" feeling to level out...and if you were leaking before for that to regulate better after the first few weeks too.

if you are worried about supply don't go by how you feel--you can keep track of wet diapers and also be reassured that your LO is happy at the breast. if it were empty, you'd hear about it :-D
Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
honeybee7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much
I know this may sound weird but I just love BFing and the time that we have together, I would be so sad if that would be cut short as it was with my first LO..

And hopefully he will stay sleeping through the night and it's not just a phase!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you've just adjusted to what your LO needs Sounds like things are going great! BTW, I worried all the time about my supply for the first few months, turns out I had an oversupply, but I was still scared I'd run out LOL. So it's totally normal to worry about it. But you're doing great!

Last edited by Bethannp; 09-11-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Bethannp is offline   Reply With Quote