Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
Shanna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nipple blister??

I don't know if blister is the right word, but a big white bump that hurts like you know what I've been using a shield to keep my bra from squishing and that helps in general, but nursing is excruciating! I half wonder if DS latch could be the culprut but we can't stick w/ a different latch long enough to find out (mostly due to nursing in bed at nighttime).

I've gotten to where I hardly nurse that side at all, just enoughh to not dry up.

Any ideas? fwiw, it doesn't hurt all that much when I pump.

Advertisement

Shanna, loving wife and Mommy to Tanner 7-03, Jenna 4-05, our sweetheart in heaven, and Nathan 1-08. Check out my ETSY shop nicely stocked with wetbags for diapers AND kitchen, "unpaper" towels galore and fun burlap accessories for the home!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nipple blister??

gently pop the blister with a sterilized needle using a lifting motion. it will be sweet relief!!

i had a chronic milk blister a couple of years ago, i had to pop it several times. and out of nowhere, i got another one earlier this week. i didn't waste any time, i popped it with the needle as soon as i saw it. i've reopened it with the needle a few times, but i think it's healing nicely.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Shanna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought about that when it first came along, but it seems kinda hard. Could it still be a milk blister?
Shanna, loving wife and Mommy to Tanner 7-03, Jenna 4-05, our sweetheart in heaven, and Nathan 1-08. Check out my ETSY shop nicely stocked with wetbags for diapers AND kitchen, "unpaper" towels galore and fun burlap accessories for the home!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna View Post
I thought about that when it first came along, but it seems kinda hard. Could it still be a milk blister?
i would bet so. if you pop it and then get milk to come out, it was a milk blister. lol.

good luck mama, they hurt SO badly!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its called a bleb. here's a website for you mama. i get them occasionally too and they hurt like the ones on your tongue!! sucks!!

http://www.pamf.org/children/newborn...ing/blebs.html
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is a great link to how to heal

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

but this is what it suggests.

Recommended treatment for a milk blister usually consists of four steps: apply moist heat prior to nursing, clear the skin from the milk duct, nurse or pump with a hospital-grade pump, than follow up with medication to aid healing. You may need to repeat this for several days (or longer) until the plugged duct opening stays clear.

Polysporin can work wonders and supper fast.

Hope you get better quickly~