Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:
My little piggy lol

She sure is a boobie monster! She practically drains one side (they never really drain completely of course) and then is STILL hungry. So I put her on the other side and she drains that one too. Feedings last a LONG time but that's ok. She's such a piggy though.

Do your little ones do that?

I think I know WHY she's doing it. She pretty much sleeps through the night. She'll go 9 hours without nursing and then when she wakes up, she feeds like a maniac. I dont wanna force her to eat so I let her tell me when she's hungy. She's only 9 days old though.

Im dealing with mastitis right now so I really SHOULD be nursing her through the night. I just don't wake up unless she's fussing or squirming. Maybe I should set an alarm so I can atleast pump every 2 hours.

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My little piggy lol

I am a human pacifier.
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
scosta0529
Registered Users

My LO is eating so much right now. I believe she is going through a growth spurt....I am just exhausted. But she also sleeps a good 7 hours at night. I feel like I could do more though. How are you feeling "Heather"?
scosta0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_have_it View Post
I am a human pacifier.
I feel that way too so far. She's stuck to the boob all day long. Im really tender even if im not touching them.

I have the start of thrush on my nipple too so I put gemtian violet on there. Yeah now I think im tattoo'd for life. All the purple stuff came off overnight except in the spot where it hurts the most. I cant wipe it off either. Next step is to soak in a warm/hot bath and hope it comes off lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta0529 View Post
My LO is eating so much right now. I believe she is going through a growth spurt....I am just exhausted. But she also sleeps a good 7 hours at night. I feel like I could do more though. How are you feeling "Heather"?
Does she cluster feed? Yeah exhaustion is normal but it SUCKS! It makes you irritable and sometimes weepy. When I go to long without sleep I get whiney.

Im feeling ok. The mastitis is aggrivating but its not AS painful as it was. It still hurts though. It's getting better a little at a time. The reddness is gone which is good. I still have clogged ducts though and its still warm to the touch.

I noe have a lump under my left armit which I noticed last night. It hurts more today then it did last night. Everything I find online said this is common with mastitis.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
takasmom
Registered Users

mama,

if you have a clogged duct def need to nurse/pump every 2 hours (even at night) to get that out if you can...

as for the taking both sides, yeah, my lo did that. sometimes in the early days he would even finish both sides and go back to the first for second helpings!!
Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by takasmom View Post
mama,

if you have a clogged duct def need to nurse/pump every 2 hours (even at night) to get that out if you can...

as for the taking both sides, yeah, my lo did that. sometimes in the early days he would even finish both sides and go back to the first for second helpings!!
Yeah you're right. Im gonna have to set an alarm of some sorts so I can pump at the very least. It's not as effective as nursing but if she isn't hungry and sleeping comfortably, why wake her? Atleast i'll have some milk in the fridge incase my breasts need a break. I want her to only have breastmilk but she's had the occasional formula suppliment. I keep kicking myself for it. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-forumla. It's just that for ME, it's not what I want.

How long does it take for mastitis to go away? Im taking the anti-biotics which seem to be helping. Im not pink anymore but the area is still heated and clogged. Granted I only started antibiotics the night before last, but im sooo ready to be past this.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you are getting a lump it's the start of another clogged duct. as much as it hurts you need to massage and rub at it. it needs to be broken up. apply heat and knead at your breasts as much as you can stand. sometimes if you do it in the warm shower or bath it can be easier. i had mastitis with my first for 3 weeks and i swear natural childbirth was easier!!! you also need to make sure to pump every 3-4 hours if your little one is not eating in that time period. during the day you should be fine, but at night dont' go all 9 hours. it will only prolong the pain. and make sure you are changing your nursing pads often. soggy old pads can contribute to the thrush and keep it from going away.

if you don't like the gentain violet--try a half and half solution of water and vinegar. mix about 1/4 cup of each into a glass and keep it somewhere no one will dump it. you can pat a little onto your nipple area after each feeding and after showering. and don't forget to dunk any pacifiers or bottle nipples into it aslo. the vinegar will kill the thrush and is a natural product so baby can lick it without worry!!

i hope that's not too much info!! pm me if you have any specific questions or just need a hug!!

take care mama
meagan

Last edited by chloecat; 09-12-2008 at 06:02 PM.
chloecat is offline   Reply With Quote