Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Has anyone felt "crampy" when cervix is softening?

Not sure if that is exactly what I should be asking but I didnt have these feelings with dd so I dont know if it is "normal" I am having achiness (sp?) and pain in my hips and butt. And I am also (just today) having a bit of crampiness (is that a word, lol) I tried starting EPO about 2 wks ago and after the first pill (vaginally) I felt some very light cramps so I freaked out and stopped. I am 37 wks now and plan to start the EPO again tonight. Yesterday I saw my mw and she checked me (that I guess could cause these cramps) she said my cervix was soft but I am still closed and dh and I DTD last night (another factor I suppose). So if I continue to feel some cramps (these, so far, are very light cramps not as bad as menstrual cramps, which mine are never bad either) once I start the EPO tonight could it be from my cervix softening and my body getting ready for labor? Or should I be concerned?

SAHM to Liliana 01-13-06 &
Gabriela 10-15-08
CarrieAnn0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
My Mood:
Re: Has anyone felt "crampy" when cervix is softening?

Yup, that's the EPO and your cervix working together mama! I'm 39w 5days and I have those feelings all the time, just your body getting ready!
Kelly, knitting mama to 3 little loves and wifey to the hubs
foodie.yarnie.mommie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Registered Users

I've taken EPO orally in two pregnancies and never felt any crampiness or softening. I'm not saying the EPO didn't work, just that I didn't feel it taking place. The day I went into labor with baby #3, I woke up with crampy "cervical" feelings, just like you'd think it might feel if your cervix was dilating. Maybe kind of like opening your mouth as wide as possible and that stretching/stinging feeling you get at the edges of your mouth: I felt like that, plus more, on my cervix. I figured it meant all the right things were happening and had an easy delivery a few hours later.
Enjoying life as a family of five
Small $3 fitted, $2 covers
Medium fitteds, covers, AI2, $8 ppd and less
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
Registered Users

It is SO funny you asked this right now. I was just barely down on the floor coloring with dd and got up to sit down here and realized all of a sudden that my ligaments are starting to soften because the oh so familiar cramping and general pain is starting. I'm only 28 weeks along but my ligaments in both of my other pregnancies started softening really early, especially my last one so I wasn't too surprised. But yes, the crampiness is normal (at least for me).

And sorry I'm not familiar with EPO so I can't say anything about that .
Wifey to DH 4-1-05, SAH Homeschooling mom to DD 9-30-05, DS 11-30-06~4-10-08, DS2 12-18-08, DD2 : 3-14-10, and DS3 born all natural 4-1-13!
Meg678 is offline   Reply With Quote