Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: You know those comments you get when you're out in public...?

Tharen and I were the talk of L&D when he was born. I swear for the first 24hours nurses kept filing in and out of my room just to gawk at us. Not because Tharen was huge, he was a big boy, but only 8lbs 9ozs, bigger than Kearnan but not suprisingly large or anything. But his head was huge. Off the charts huge. And he came out posterior and face presenting. The nurses kept asking me if I really delivered him. By the end I felt like saying, "no, the stork dropped him in my room." We had a big shock and I had placental acretia and I nearly bled out so I couldn't move for 12hours without help. I am sure alot of the nurses thought it was because of my son's giant head.

Tharen grew really quickly too. Most people just smiled and said "oh he's a big healthy boy" or something similar. But one woman asked me how old he was and I told her he was 6 months. She looked at him, looked at me and said in this really nasty tone "He's a big baby." Like I had done something wrong to make him so large.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #22
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpicasso View Post
I've heard some doozies, and I've learned to just smile and shrug it off, but I was caught totally off guard at the grocery store today.

DS is a big boy, almost 16lbs at 10 weeks. I constantly hear about how big he is, but some lady actually walked up to me, looked at him, looked back at me and said, "he must have hurt coming out, little girls like you shouldn't be having such big babies."
I'm almost scared to imagine what she thinks you should have done to have a smaller baby!

Those types of comments catch me off guard too. Then hours later I think of what I should have said!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #23
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That was strange. I don't think I've had anything like that, but I probably have. I'm thin and do get comments about that.

I like to brag about my third birth. LOL It is fun for me to tell people that I delivered my son frank breech (bottom first/folded in half) UNmedicated vaginally. It is fun to watch their eyes bug out and jaws drop. I do get asked "how did you do it?" to which I reply it was better than the alternative (c-section).
Oh, and it did hurt like the devil! But I had the least amount of trauma to my nether region of all my deliveries. He was 6lb13oz folded in half. YIKES! I was up and around in just a couple hours.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote