Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Do you ever go back to dipes for naps & night? What about when you're out?

I think the transition for naps & nightime confuses DS when he gets put in dipes and then he's in underwear all day. What do you do? All underwear and maybe trainers for sleeping? I was all excited to have him PL, but now that we're there I find it kind of sad and HARD esp with another LO it's hard to get him to the potty all the time.

Also, when we're out and there isn't always a potty available WDYD??? He's making potty trips about every 45min just so we don't miss, and I find it really stressful to leave the house.

Advertisement

~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
ChristyHC
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever go back to dipes for naps & night? What about when you're out?

We still use a diaper for bed. My ds is a heavy wetter at night and I don't even think a pull-up could hold it all.
For naps I started using a pull-up, but now, if he goes right before nap, he has been dry after nap for 2 weeks, so we are ready to try underwear for nap.
When we are going out I use my best judgment. He can sometimes just go in underwear if it is a short trip to the post office or something. For any time that we are going to or might be out for a bit, we use a pull-up for "just in case."
ChristyHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Gayatri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are still in the beginning stages but DS is amazing if he is bottomless. Almost no accidents, as in, not even one a day. However, if you put anything on his butt, he will pee in it. Cloth, disposables, pull ups, underwear, cloth trainers, anything. So we use something for going out. When I get more committed to reminding him (although he does so much better when anything is his idea) I will try cloth trainers out and bring a potty in the car. Then, no matter what, there is a potty available.

He doesn't seem confused, just the last connection hasn't clicked yet.
Gayatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It takes some time for children to be able to hold it. It took DS 4 months to stop needing a diaper at night and when we went out always went potty before, during (if possible) and after. He only had only 1 accident when were out and that was the first week in undies.