Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dd's urology Appt..

Ok it has beenn a LOOOOONNNGG day LOL. I have been in labor since yesterday and things were picking up for a while, then started to cool down. Well I laid down for a minute and looked t the clock. 2:11 I was like oh, tonight is thursday and ER is on. Then i SHOT UP in bed. my dd had a dr appt with a urologist at 215. OMGosh. I rean and called them and they said could still come in. So I did
Well I get there and everyon eis sweet. The nurse is wonderful, and just got here form la childrens hosptial. and the DR is very nice. He decides we are dealing with encopresis with my 5 yo and that we need to change her diet drastically. This is good. I have been wanting to make changes and this is giving me the kick in the butt i need. He is also concerend becaseu we have a strong family history of kidney/bladder issues. I myself have chronic UTI, my mom, and my grandmother have kidney disease. SO he has ordered an US of her kidneys and bladder to make sure all is good. and he wants an xray of her lower ab, to check and make sure she is not full of poop or something. If these come back fine, we are OK,a nd if the US comes back with issues, he will do an xray series with dye, which means urinary catheter. He totally respected my wishes for not putting her on any drugs. She is a bedwetter, which doenst bother me but I guess some ppl start medicating 5 yo for bedwetting. that seems forgein to me almost. Since she soaks the bed every night, he wants to do these extra tests. he seems thorough,a nd is very nice and was gently with her. Plus he is HIGHLY recomended by my ped. whom i adore.
To think this sarted off with me thinking it is a potty training matter, and it turns into a diet issue, and possible bladder thing.
I am just glad that we might be getting all of this under control before she starts school..

Advertisement