Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow, who knew it'd be so hard?

So I'm looking for a new pediatrician for my daughter because the last one we had wanted me to stop nursing the moment she turned 12 months and was very pushy about more vax's. Well who knew that it would be sooo hard to find one that didn't mind that I don't want anymore vaxs (she's had up to 6 months), that I want to bf until she weans, that I cloth diaper and co-sleep and don't believe in CIO. I had yet another doc (actually the one who supervised the c-section) refuse to take her because of the vax thing...I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find one....what is the deal with doc's not wanting non vaxing kids??? Are they afraid my daughter will get the other's sick? Which kind of contridicts the whole point of vaxing right?

Advertisement

Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Wow, who knew it'd be so hard?

I think a lot of them think if THEY don't vax your kid they're liable. I know it's hard to find a good doc. Look more into family physicians as they're supposed to be a little more easy going about it. Our original one wasn't, but we'll see. Have you checked in at MDC to see if someone knows of someone in your area? That's how I found our next possible office, although I haven't called yet.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
Parvati
Registered Users

Isn't there a physician finder on MDC?

Have you looked into holistic/homeopathic websites to see if there are any physician finders?

My ped is foreign, and I think that contributes to his support of extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping. That also contributes to his support of vaxing, though, b/c he said that many children still die of preventable diseases in his country. He is also older, and was alive to see children die of polio, so he has a very strong bias towards vaccinations.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...that's weird, her old pedi is foreign and is against extended nursing....actually, she started in on me around 6 months
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote