Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Smile Re: You know you may be raising "crunchy' kids when...

Very cute thread!!! I do not have any to add yet as my LOs are just 5 mos...and are not showing any outward signs of crunchiness yet...but look forward to adding! And enjoying reading!

Paula, Wife to My Love & Mama to My Handsome & My Pretty (4/15/08).
The next best thing to fruits & vegetables! ! Dr. Mitra Ray on Pregnancy & Juice Plus+
NewMotherofTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #32
Registered Users
Re: You know you may be raising "crunchy' kids when...

How about when your DS says" Why in the world does she have that on?!" as he climbs into your bed in the morning (talking about the sposie that her Daddy but on her so that my bed wouldn't be soaked while he looked for a clean CD) this thne happened another 3 times with the girls!

or at the daycare open house my kids were telling all if the prospective infant parents about DD4's CD's and the fact that they knew more about them then the staff member giving the tour!

and lastly they fight over who is going to get the mail to see if we have any "packages"! I make sure they get a few of their own as well! Can't waot to help them make homemade soap....
Jennifer~tattooed mama to 5 fabulous kids!
mom2piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

I was just going to say the same thing, my 6 and 7 year old race to the mailbox as soon as they see the mailman and fight over who gets to bring the fluffy mail in! My 6 year old gets more excited over a new overnight diaper for her than she does over ice cream! Especially if it's OBV, She screams and jumps up and down and says thank you, thank you!! Whenever she has friends over, the first thing she does is show off her and her little sisters cloth diapers, and her baby doll wraps! Or when we go to garage sales, my lo's look through all of the sweaters looking for wool!

Last edited by ~EweNeedColor~; 09-27-2008 at 11:07 PM.
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

My teenager who likes french fries would rather eat them at home so he can use organic ketchup. He uses a reusable water bottle for school so that he doesn't have to find a recycle bin. He also asked for a reusable container for his lunch sandwiches this year. My littles call all types of "napkins" wipes because we use cloth "wipes" for everything. They would not know what a paper towel or kleenex is. I just love that my older kids agree with most of my "crunchiness" considering they have grown up non-crunchy. I have only been more green over the last couple of years.
Mom to 4 boys Colton 18, Connor 15, Gage & Ty 5
See my Dad's beautiful wooden toys
4my5guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
Registered Users
Formerly: babyellabella

these are all adorable
"The Mother's Heart is the Child's Schoolroom." - H.W. Beecher
I'm blessed with an amazing family!
bfing, cding, bwing, erfing, ncing, mama.
ellaphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #36
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
My Mood:

We were at the zoo and they were handing out "Cheetos" snack to the kids, my 6yr old asks "Is this organic?"

When 8month old gets fussy everyone calls for me to give him some "nums"

When fixing dinner the kids what to know where the veg came from, they prefer it from our own organic garden.

I get chastised by my 3yr old for not bringing enough cloth bags to hold all the groceries and have to use some plastic ones.

Love my 4 lovelies, All half English and born in Kansas. bfeeding, cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, homeschooling, WAHM
BlushingEwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #37
Registered Users
My Mood:

- when you are at the store and the couple in front of you has a newborn who they are holding trying to give a bottle and your 5 yr old taps the woman on the leg and says " scue me but I think your baby might stop crying if you wrapped it up and gave it mommy food like you are suposed to " .....
( her dad has a 2 month old who is worn and breastfed and ds was worn & breastfed so she think ALL babies get "mommy food")

- Your 2 yr old FREAKS out if someone puts something in the trash can thats recycleable , then gets it OUT of the trash , puts it where it goes then tells the culprit " no go there go over heeeeeeeeeeeeere" and points to the recycleables...

- Your 5 yr old lectures her stepmom about using plastic bags in the lunchbox instead of reuseable containers

- Your kids acctually ENJOY cleaning out the chicken pen ....

- Your 2 yr old knows how to mix the compost

- Your 5 yr old insists on having that extra doll in bed because she is "co sleeping"

- When at the store the kids see something and look at one of us and say " wait a minute couldnt we just MAKE that and not have to deal with the high price of packaging"
(lastnight at the store looking at hallowwen costumes to get ideas for dd)
Dianna =Wife to Micaiah my suit and tie by day and by night Mommy to Haley , Lucas Lillian ,and 1 German Shepherd
Come check out Blue Ridge Home on Facebook as well as on Artfire today!!
I'm also ALWAYS ISO similac coupons/checks!!!
mommyof3monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #38
Registered Users

My LOs call breastfeeding "Boobie DInner" as in "Mom, I think Franklin wants Boobie Dinner."

And my DD's doll came with 3 disposable diapers. She used all 3 of them up and then said, "I think I need cloth diapers so I can use them more than once." So she totally sees the ridiculousness of sposies at the age of 9.

My kids always remind me to use the reusable grocerie bags.

My kids are practically vegetarian on their own terms. They do love beef jerky though. THey lectured their cousin on milk and how it was not good for her because she is not a cow.

ETA: I forgot to mention that DD breast fed all her dolls when she was 3 years old.
AMANDA, wife to Ron ~ 11-28-98, mother to Tori Paige ~ 08-15-99, Ronnie Craig ~ 7-25-01, Franklin Keith ~ 5-4-07, and Peter James ~ 1-11-09 born @ home

Last edited by amandaev; 09-29-2008 at 12:53 PM.
amandaev is offline   Reply With Quote