Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #11
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: !!HELP!! My 16 month old is an insomniac

I would definately talk to her ped about this. There may be something going on. DS did something similar and we found out he was having sleep apnea. His tonsils and adenoids were too big for him and he couldn't sleep for more than x amount of hours. He got to the point that he was just used to waking up at that time and thinking it was time to stay up. Like how kids wake up at similar times in the morning. He got his surgery and once he was recovered, he's never slept better. He is still one who wakes up at night for a drink of water but he no longer stays up for hours at a time. I tried all the things you have tried also except the car ride, he hated the car at that time.

Advertisement

Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #12
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinClothBunz View Post
I would definately talk to her ped about this. There may be something going on. DS did something similar and we found out he was having sleep apnea. His tonsils and adenoids were too big for him and he couldn't sleep for more than x amount of hours. He got to the point that he was just used to waking up at that time and thinking it was time to stay up. Like how kids wake up at similar times in the morning. He got his surgery and once he was recovered, he's never slept better. He is still one who wakes up at night for a drink of water but he no longer stays up for hours at a time. I tried all the things you have tried also except the car ride, he hated the car at that time.

Thanks mama!! My husband is always saying I don't need to take them in for that and respond with it's $20 to make me feel better. Your comment justifies a visit too. My husband has had surgery on his tonsils and adnoids too so I will mention it.
Monetlily2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

My Peds. office is moving so I just got a nurse today that was, on her behalf, very sweet, but she gave me nothing to go on. We are in a marathon this week. She has woken up every night since last Thursday at 2 and gotten back to bed at 5.

Last night my pregnant self slept on the floor and locked her door when she woke at 2am. I left all lights out and gave her very little recognition. This is miserable!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
HIOStarz4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too am going through this with our 17 almost 18 month ds. It seems like it has been going on FOREVER I do recal a joyful time when he went to bed at 8:30pm woke at 5:30 or so took a bottle went back to sleep till 6:30~8:45 depended on the day. but this only lasted too short. He is now back on the Newborn schedual. Last Monday he had a tummy bug, so he was fine with a water bottle before bed. i was so excited we might be able to kick the bottle at night, By Wedsnesday he was fighting me for Milk.
I found out this weekend he is cutting his last set of molars, his 2 year olds, maybe your DD is as well..
Good luck, Oh I did try the all natual method and it kinda worked, some liquid organic drops.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

No, nothing physically bothering her that we know of. She's not hungry, no teeth (she only has 5), she's just awake. The nurse said try as hard as I can to get her to take a nap. I did, it took 45 min of crying and lots of mental strength, she slept for 1:45 minutes. So, I'm expecting a long night tonight but if the naps work then hurray. I'll try anything for a few weeks.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 AM   #16
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

The marathon continues. Currently, I have hugged her and kissed her twice and every other time she gets up I put her back in bed. She is mostly staying there and trying very hard to go back to sleep. The cute thing is every time I greet her at her door she says "hi!".

I have a night monitor on her in our room so I go back in, sit on the floor and watch for movement, while I surf the net. Love technology.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #17
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

It's been 15 minutes now and I think she is asleep. She woke at 2:00 and it is 3:37 now. YAY! Off to bed.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #18
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry momma. I so remember those days. I was pregnant with dd at the time and I had her. They are 18 months apart and he got his surgery when he was 2. I so didn't sleep like at all for a long long time.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #19
Monetlily2
Registered
seller

My Mood:

She did stay asleep but I couldn't go back to sleep. Agh! But I feel a bit better today and she is down for a nap right now.