Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

FEVER!?

Since coming to this board. I have realized most mamas let a fever go and do not od anytihng about it. When do you start to worry? When do you give medicine?

My baby girl is 9 months old. She was born 1 month early. She has had a cold off and on for about 1 month now. She is running a fever today..101.0 was her temp. She is cranky! She is tired! She has a yucky nose with green yellow snot coming out of it and she is coughing too. it is deep chested cough too. You can hear all the yuckies in her chest. She sounds very raspy(sp) when she coughs. Should I give her anything or should I just wait and see what happens.

Thanks in advance!

Lysa

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
mom22lilguys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: FEVER!?

If it has been a month since the cold started and now she is running a fever I would take her in to a doctor to get checked.

Sometimes colds can turn into bacterial infections that require antibiotics or an ear infection. It may just be a stubborn cold but at least then you may feel better knowing and not wondering anymore.

I don't always give my kids meds for fevers, I believe that the higher temp will help the body fight the infection/virus. However when it gets above 102 and stays that high for several hours I give it.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: FEVER!?

Well, if there's yucky snot and a cough WITH a fever, I'd take him in to make sure it wasn't anything. But I wouldn't really worry. The Ped just might give him something to break up the mucus and whatnot.

Jack's 8 months and has only had 2 fevers though, both were ear infections. He's had 5 ear infections, they just didn't produce fevers.