Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
2 yr old naked trained but wont when underwear is on! help!

My son is 25 months and has been working on potty-training. He will only go when naked so far. My mom got him some undies so I've been putting them on him but he never tells me he has to go in them, he just goes and then says, 'Mommy, PEE!' after he's already done. I don't know how to get him to tell me he has to go. What do I say when he pees and poops in his underwear? I'm not mean about it but I always say, 'Honey, you're not supposed to pee and poop in your underwear. Mommy and daddy don't do that, do they? We go in the potty like big boys and girls. You know better than to pee in your underwear.' But he just doesn't seem to care.I just don't get how he does SO good when he's naked but once I put something on him, he acts like he doesn't know WHAT he's doing.

Any advice?

I'm Megan. I'm 22. I'm a mama to two young boys
C 7.27.06
N 12.17.08

*Wife to Leonel- since 12.23.05*
luvr4ula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 2 yr old naked trained but wont when underwear is on! help!

The only advice I have is to start taking him to the bathroom at regular intervals. Bribery works well too. DS has the exact same problem. I am so flakey that I have a hard time reminding him so I just leave him pantsless all day. I figure he will figure it out soon, if not, I will work harder at reminding him. I just hate the power struggles it brings up and choose not to engage in that battle for now.
Gayatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just asked about this regarding my 3yr old. I think it is a few threads below this one if you want to see if any of the advice there will help.
Wife to Jim SAHM to Magdalene born 7-10-05

We are a , 3+years,,
stephanie_t8291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Users

my dd is the same age and was doing this same thing for a while too. then one day she seemed to figure it out... but we're randomly still dealing with accidents. i'm trying to just go with the flow and follow her lead.. if i get too frustrated i just put a diaper on her. not sure if that is sending the wrong message... but she seems to be potty trained at least half the day. i figure it will gradually pick up on it's own. one can hope good luck!
mama2maya is offline   Reply With Quote