Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Elimintaion Diet, What can I eat???

It has become increasingly apparent that the baby is sensitive to things I am eating, I have researched what common allergens are and what I should elliminate. So, what can I eat?? This list seems to be everything that I do eat on a normal basis. HELP!!!

If I can't have:
eggs, wheat, corn, peanuts, shellfish, fish, pork, tomatoes, chocolate, cinnamon, garlic, curry, citus, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, burssels sprouts, cabbage, bell peppers, cucumbers, all dairy

What can I eat?? Any help with Ideas for different breakfasts, lunches and dinners would be much appreciated. Any ideas/recipies would be greatly welcomed as I am overwhelmed as it seems like I can't have anything I normally eat!

I'm commited to finding out what the offending agent is, and not stopping breast feeding!!

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Elimintaion Diet, What can I eat???

My DS was also sensitive to what I ate. My Ped recommended trying to eliminate the major three allergens for babies (eggs, dairy, soy) first and see how my DS did. I did this and had a new baby within a couple of days. After trying to add some back in, I learned that he was only sensitive to dairy.

I would eliminate those major culprits first, then try some of the others next. to you for being such a good mama!
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i think you should first eliminate the major ones that you eat regularly. dairy, eggs, soy, peanut (maybe). most likely it will be dairy. i tried to do the diet dr. sears recommends, (basically lamb, rice, pears). but it was really too hard. give it a month and if you don't see any improvements, try eliminating more, but if you take away too much at once it becomes overwhelming, as im sure you are finding out! good luck mama!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
i think you should first eliminate the major ones that you eat regularly. dairy, eggs, soy, peanut (maybe). most likely it will be dairy. i tried to do the diet dr. sears recommends, (basically lamb, rice, pears). but it was really too hard. give it a month and if you don't see any improvements, try eliminating more, but if you take away too much at once it becomes overwhelming, as im sure you are finding out! good luck mama!

For me it was dairy. My daughter was like a different baby! She still spits up a lot from the reflux but at least she isn't screaming all night!

Here is some great information: http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...nsitivity.html

If you really feel that your baby is sensitve to all you mentioned here is Martha Sear's elimation diet http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041200.asp

(((HUGS))) I know it is fustrating!