Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My last two weeks get a big fat F.

So right now my dear sweet child is sleeping on her toddler matress on the floor of the living room. How did she get on the living room floor.... you shall see.

So about a week and a half ago my s/o and dd's daddy left for California to go to school So at this time, I am parenting alone. This brings life from an A to an A-

Yesterday. Started well surprisingly. Then, while dd and I were at work, the lady who cuts hair there brings in her almost 4 year old ds. He and my B get a little roudy at times, but it is manageble. That is, until he starts pulling styrafoam beads off of a fake plant and telling B that they are ' berries and her can eat them' Life is now a B+ Disapline is given for those who deserve it.

1o minutes later. Almost 4yo friend lets out a huge scream and starts sobbing, her bit me her bit me. And she did, bite him. She drew blood in fact and I actually felt bad for the little snot head for about 5 minutes. Life now B and disapline is given where it is due.

1o minutes later, talking about what happened he says, I told her to PRETEND to bite me You have got to be kidding me! She is 21 months old she doesnt know the diffrence! B-

Then after 5 hours at work we go to babysit a friends little girl. The girls are both tired but being pretty good. Then I stupidly decide to take them outside and they both get filthy. Friends lo was wearing brand new pants that her mom had just made her and a brand new pair of shoes I am an idiot! C+

Today.

Went to work again with DD. Again almost 4yo was there. We read a book, he picks his nose and wipes his nasty boogers all over one of our books. C

He locks himself and B in the bathroom to play 'hide and seek' and scares the crud out of dd. C-

They play with a cardboard box... B starts screaming... I ask what happend, almost 4 year old says 'she got bit, she got bit, she got bit' I ask oh yeah, did you bite her and he exlames 'No! mama did!' Yeah right kid, disapline again D+

DD and I go outside after work. Splashing through puddles is great fun until she trips and completely face plants into a mud puddle. Soaking wet and totally filthy, rides home almost naked. D

Get home and my mom says she is feeling bad. Very weak and shaky. Goes to the hospital. D-

watch the vp candidate debate with my dad. .Contently watch until a huge boom shakes our whole house. Someones car lost control of the breaks or something and slammed into the gaurd rail and our covered stair well. F+

I go to meeting, B stays with my dad. B is totally cranky when I get home. I get her in bed as fast as I can, but dont cut any corners on her bedtime ruitine. B wakes up about an hour later coughing, nothing too bad just a little cough like she choked on some spit. But she didnt stop fussing so I go in and put my hand on the bed to lay down with her. Well I put my hand in a huge pile of puke! She puked all over my favorite sheets that I got for xmas last year, super high thread count and a beautiful color..... why oh why did I change the sheets Poor baby is now covered in her own vomit, including massive amounts in her hair F

I now must get screaming crying baby into bath tub and wash her hair, which she hates on a normal day. F-

Finally get her back to sleep and she wakes up and pukes again. She has thrown up like 3 times in the past 2 hours I have changed her sheets once, and stripped our bed which cannot have sheets put back on it because of the huge wet spot that stunk like vomit until I doused it with TTO. So I am now stuck sleeping on the couch while she sleeps on her toddler mattress next to it. To top it all off I am supposed to go to work tomarrow. I do hope I can call my boss first thing in the AM and she will take pity on me. oh please!

Somone out there must be having a great time these past couple weeks, cuz they suck for me!

Advertisement

EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
MumsLittleGarden
Registered Users
Formerly: hth***r
seller

Re: My last two weeks get a big fat F.

The only bright spot I can find in your post is this: If DD got sick, that probably means that the 4 year old biter is going to be puking too! Hahaha. That's so mean of me, but he bit your kid, lock her in the bathroom, tried to make her eat stuff she shouldn't and lied about it all, so puke away!

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. It's always hard when we are suddenly on our own. Try your best not to beat yourself up about everything that happens. You are only one Mom, and you can only do so much. Take some help from family if you can get it, take a few shortcuts if you need to, and be gentle with yourself. It's not easy to be the only one doing everything. I'm sure you're doing a better job than you think.

Just an afterthought, that boy didn't make your DD eat anything that would make her sick right? Not to make you worry, just a thought I had.
MumsLittleGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
kylesmom
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthurmeier View Post
The only bright spot I can find in your post is this: If DD got sick, that probably means that the 4 year old biter is going to be puking too! Hahaha. That's so mean of me, but he bit your kid, lock her in the bathroom, tried to make her eat stuff she shouldn't and lied about it all, so puke away!

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. It's always hard when we are suddenly on our own. Try your best not to beat yourself up about everything that happens. You are only one Mom, and you can only do so much. Take some help from family if you can get it, take a few shortcuts if you need to, and be gentle with yourself. It's not easy to be the only one doing everything. I'm sure you're doing a better job than you think.

Just an afterthought, that boy didn't make your DD eat anything that would make her sick right? Not to make you worry, just a thought I had.
I love your optimisim!! and I hope that kid is puking too!
it will get better , today is friday and I hope your boss takes pity on you, then you can snuggle on your couch with DD and forget about the whole ROTTEN week!!!
kylesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

momma I hope you week gets better. How are your mom and dd doing? I hope they are both feeling better soon.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
my3monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Boy, when it rains it pours. I hope your week starts to go better .
Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. You poor thing.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #7
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 10-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the sympathy mamas

I woke up late this morning of course, called my boss and told her we would be late. She said that was fine and called someone to cover me. We only had to be at work for an hour, but of course poor little B managed to throw up in that hour.

My mom is better and home now. She has MS and has been in and out of the hospital for years.

Thanks for all of the sympathy. Half of me hopes that her almost 4 yo friend is puking and half of me doesnt because his mama just had a new baby about a month ago and just finilized her divorce a couple weeks ago, so its not like she is having an easy time either.

Thanks again for all the sympathy, I just had to get that all out. I know things will start to get better because I dont even want to think about how much worse they could get

And no I dont think she ate anything weird. She wasnt eating the styrafoam beads and my dad said all she ate with him was a cracker and a fruit leather which she eats all the time. However her friend eats mcdonalds almost every day so if she got ahold of a chicken nugget or something I dont think that would sit to well.... but I dont think it woul dhave this kind of reprocutions!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh! the axel on my dads truck broke today and my mom got locked out of the house for like an hour