Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Theres got to be a catch somewhere...right?

Up until last week, we couldnt get my 2 year old to use the potty to save her life.

Then suddenly one day I lucked out and stuck her on there right when he had to pee...and she did it.

Its been a week and she hasnt worn diapers during the day at all! And today she actually poo'ed in the potty, which she wouldnt do before.

This is my first potty training experience, so Im thinking, "it cant be THAT easy...theres got to be a catch". Right? Surely she didnt just train herself in less than a week?

I thought it would take 3-6 months start to finish.

Am I in for some surprises?

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Theres got to be a catch somewhere...right?

Well with e right before he turned three he decieded to go pee in the potty one morn, not weird he had played around with going and then not, NEVER EVER consistent, well from that morn on he has NEVER had an accident and is most mornings dry. I think sometimes they just get it and run with it, sounds like the case.
ALways have spare stuff with you JIC and congrats! IT is not unuasal to regress from time to time!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow...well, I guess I can just count my blessings until something happens otherwise!

Heres another question...is she still going to tell me when she has to pee when we are out in the world, or do you think they ignore that when they are away from home?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always ask and make him try before we leave and ask him every so often, you can tell, they get restless and do the dance even. Going out was my biggest hang up.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we EC'd but DS1 woke up at 18 mo & said "no more dipe"... had 2 accidents that week & was done. It really can be that easy! Congrats!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
skueppers
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa-Rachelle View Post
Wow...well, I guess I can just count my blessings until something happens otherwise!

Heres another question...is she still going to tell me when she has to pee when we are out in the world, or do you think they ignore that when they are away from home?
Both of my kids have actually been more inclined to go in public places than at home, so you never know!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skueppers View Post
Both of my kids have actually been more inclined to go in public places than at home, so you never know!
Wow. Mine has to visit the potty at least 3 times and check out how the flush sounds before she will pee in it. At playgroup there's a potty chair though, and she uses that without question. No scary noises.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote