Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy dd is teething and starving

dd is teething-7.5 months old-and not really eating solids yet. she loves homemade applesauce and gumming pizza crusts she is screaming her head off and has been for an hour. she only stops screaming when she is chewing on something, but i have very little food in the house that she can hold and gum any ideas? i have carrots...can i steam them in the microwave someway? dh tried to find teething biscuits but they all were for 10 months and up older dd wasnt interested in solids until after a year so im lost

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
tracey11474
Registered Users

Re: dd is teething and starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
dd is teething-7.5 months old-and not really eating solids yet. she loves homemade applesauce and gumming pizza crusts she is screaming her head off and has been for an hour. she only stops screaming when she is chewing on something, but i have very little food in the house that she can hold and gum any ideas? i have carrots...can i steam them in the microwave someway? dh tried to find teething biscuits but they all were for 10 months and up older dd wasnt interested in solids until after a year so im lost
Have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets...they work wonders. Also frozen mini Eggo waffles are good and yes you can steam a few baby carrots in a small bowl with a little wate rin it in the microwave. Hope she feels better soon!
tracey11474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

you know, she might like to chew on the carrot raw. My little guy did when he was teething, although if they're baby carrots you have to make sure it's a big one. He liked the coolness of it on his gums i think and i felt okay that it was hard enough to not break off in his mouth.
hcokasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
takasmom
Registered Users

i second the big carrot suggestion. also, what about some frozen fruit pieces in a mesh feeder?