Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
SamiLynn
Banned

My Mood:
Dont Buy!!!!!

Okay,so I am not sure where to post this so I hope I got the right place! I started feeding my son bananas and I got a wift of the smell and they were sour! They had spoiled! I always check dates, Sep 03 of 09. I could not beleive it. Elijah had eaten about a third of them and when I realized I started balling. My hubby called Gerber, YES GERBER!!!!!!!!! They admitted to us that there had been more calls on this, organic bananas. We rushed my lo to the hospital as he was screaming and in noticeable pain! Of coarse I think I was crying more then him as I am the one who gave it to him so I thought it was my fault! Well, he had a really bad belly ache from it and the doctor said he could he that his bowel sounds where more and louder then normal. And the doctor said his belly ache was pretty bad but should calm down after he pooed a little. Since then he has went 2 times and now he is feeling so much better! I feel terrible for giving him it so he gets all the cuddle time he needs and more tonight, meaning I will stay up all night holding him while he sleeps! I know it is not good to do but it makes me feel better! The guilt is overwheleming. I will never ever again buy ready made baby food. You'd think you could trust a big brand like Gerber. I am now making all his food!

I just wanted to warn all of you mamas ( and dadas too! ). Just because something doesnt say expired and is organic doesnt mean it is good. If you feed your babies solids, please take the extra 10 to 15 minutes to make it your self. That way you will know that it is still good! DONT BUY GERBER!!!!

Advertisement

SamiLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dont Buy!!!!!

Yikes! I'm glad your son is ok....what an unnerving thing to go through!

I used to buy the Gerber Organic *thinking* it had to be better than the other stuff. But then I learned otherwise, and switched to a different brand (I think it was called Earth's Best?) and now I just make my own. My 8mo basically eats whatever we are eating now.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm glad he's ok mama, poor little guy. Hugs for you both!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my first DS was little, my mother-in-law was being helpful and she bought me some babyfood apples and some bananas. I opened the bananas and took one smell and would not feed them to him. Bananas should not smell like that (and they were not expired).
Old 10-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
SamiLynn
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
When my first DS was little, my mother-in-law was being helpful and she bought me some babyfood apples and some bananas. I opened the bananas and took one smell and would not feed them to him. Bananas should not smell like that (and they were not expired).
Yep!That is how they were last night! OMG I am still crying over it.

I only bought the organic kind as well. NEVER AGAIN! I will not be buying babyfood anymore. I have already made my own today. Now I know what is not spoiled!!!!!!!
SamiLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man! I'm sorry you all had to go through that! I had been hoping to make my own babyfood. But DS is just getting into more than mashed bananas and now we're moving in a couple of weeks. It just doesn't make sense for me to make and freeze it just to possibly have it all thaw during travel. So for now he's been getting Earth's Best. But I ALWAYS sniff it and/or taste it before giving it to him. I don't know why really, but now I'm glad I do that!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
RenderMeMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Danesmomma
seller

My Mood:

Oh no! I'm sorry your LO got sick! I never bought commercial babyfood (made my own) and its stories like this that make me sooo glad. Don't let the guilt get ya though mama! Now you know better!

Looking for a 4.6 or longer woven wrap! PM me!
RenderMeMama is offline   Reply With Quote