Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Registered Users
He only nursed once today! :(

I am 8 weeks pregnant and the past 2 mornings my son hasn't nursed, he just played in his crib when he woke and when I went to get him and lay him in bed with me to nurse he didn't want to, he just wanted to cuddle and get off the bed! All day I kept offering it to him and he would play and latch for a second but not want it. Finally before bed he nursed well. He did the same yesterday but nursed twice, not once! He isn't weaning himself is he? How can I help him get to nurse more often? BTW I am almost 8weeks pregnant. I am afraid if he doesn't nurse my milk is gonna be gone fast!

*Tarah* "Mom-ma" to Dallas Oct. '07 & Coen June '09
Missing their Daddy who is currently deployed
tarah1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: He only nursed once today! :(

he might not be getting as much milk when he nurses because you're pregnant. Some women dry up while they're knocked up I would be in tears if I were you. My baby is only 4 months old but I already feel like I will be heart broken when she weans. He's pretty young to be weaning so maybe its just a temporary thing. Can you pump to keep your supply up? Don't give up mama, he might come around once the baby is born if you're comfortable with it.
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: He only nursed once today! :(

It might the pregnancy, i would look it up on kellymom and see what they say. Is he bottle fed at all?
SAHM Kristen wife to Anthony Sr. Mommy to Anthony Jr (AJ) 12/14/04 and Christopher William 10/02/07
kugrinic is offline   Reply With Quote