Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone ever had a cold during labor?

DD has had a cold for a few days and guess who woke up with it this morning...yep, me I am 3 days past my due date so I could go into labor at any moment and wondering how a cold will affect things. So far it is mainly just a sore throat. Anyone ever been sick while in labor? Any tips to make things better/easier? DH and my mom also caught this lovely cold. What great timing

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
patientlywaiting88
Registered Users

Re: Anyone ever had a cold during labor?

No experience here, just wanted to say I'm sorry that you're sick! As if you won't be going through enough!! Blah!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was sick with DS1. It was horrible. People kept telling me to breathe and I couldn't because I was so stuffed up. It was horrible. (Did I just say that?) Anyway, no ideas to help you, just get more Vitamin C, maybe drink some hot tea, do whatever it takes to get rid of that cold!

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try drinking lots of echinacea tea to help get your immune system back up to par. Also rest ALOT. Rest will help you get better the fastest. Sunshine will also help fight your cold. I hope you are 100% before you go into labor!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks It isnt to bad today. Just a little stuffy and dd seems to be almost over it already. Maybe this is a short lived cold *fingers crossed*
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

This happened to me in April, so it's somewhat fresh in my mind. I had a serious cough the days before and after I had DS, but (you'll like this) the cough was completely GONE on labor day.

The cough came back later - maybe at the hospital, maybe right after we got home - because I remebmer two things: 1) DS would startle like mad if I was holding him and coughing, and I remember saying to him, "Bud, you should be more familiar with this cough than anyone else in the WORLD." and 2) with my pelvic floor muscles so weak from pregnancy and birth, coughing felt really weird, like it was coming from between my knees. I also had trouble holding the pee in during a cough, but since I was wearing a pad anyway for bleeding , it wasnt that big a deal.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
Myles_104
Registered Users

I've had a cold with my other delieveries that popped up about 4 weeks before I went into labour, and wouldn't go away, then poof, gone the DAY after I delivered. Just a runny nose and slight cough.
Its a pain to try to labour when you have a runny nose, but I got through it, I'm starting to believe that its my sign that I'm almost ready, and a way of slowing me down before labour.
Myles_104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
strollerfreak
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles_104 View Post
I've had a cold with my other delieveries that popped up about 4 weeks before I went into labour, and wouldn't go away, then poof, gone the DAY after I delivered. Just a runny nose and slight cough.
Its a pain to try to labour when you have a runny nose, but I got through it, I'm starting to believe that its my sign that I'm almost ready, and a way of slowing me down before labour.
That sounds like me!!!

I think the only kid that I haven't delivered with a box of kleenex at my side was this last one...I remember with DS#2, I kept handing my DH snotty kleenex while I was pushing...poor guy! And miraculously within 12-24 hours of delivering, my colds were gone.

With him it was even worse...I had the flu at 34 weeks...THAT was awful...I'd never wish that on my worst enemy.
strollerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Hbug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a nasty cough when I delivered ds by (unplanned) c-section. I remember lying in bed a few hours after surgery crying cause I couldn't stop myself from coughing, and each time I did it felt like my stitches were ripping open.
Hbug is offline   Reply With Quote