Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
tirsalope
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Teething Questions- 4 months

My DS is 4 months old and I think he may be teething. For the past few weeks he has been chewing on everything and drooling a lot. The past two days he has been extremely cranky and has been waking up almost every two hours at night and he previously slept great through the night. He is extremely hard to get to sleep now. We have tried the teething tablets but they don't seem to help. Any suggestions? Also, he is breast fed and I heard they may stop eating while teething. Should I pump to keep my supply up or will my body know? He is eating OK (not great) right now but he is still eating. He will take a bottle great but I dont want him to get use to that or get lazy and not want to bf anymore. I am a first time parent so I am stumped on this one. TIA!

Advertisement

tirsalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
saysumthing
Custom Advocacy Tee Creator
seller

Re: Teething Questions- 4 months

My lo started showing the same signs around 4 months. It took until about a week ago for the first tooth to erupt, but I think he's been showing signs for about 3 months.

Have you thought about trying an amber teething necklace? We use one and it seems to work great.
saysumthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teething Questions- 4 months

i don't think at 4 months he would stop nursing if you gave him an occasional bottle. i bf my dd all through teething and i would just offer her the boob every so often if she didn't ask for it by fussing. your milk suply will make more the more you lo eats. so if he eats more it will make more or less. it won't stop milk production unless he completely stops!! if he is in a lot of pain you can always give tylenol! that will help. it is just not the healthiest thing to make a habit of. you'll figure it out mama!
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote