Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
snelson924
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"mommy phase" is KILLING me!!

how long does the "mommy phase" last!? my daughter is almost 1 (her birthday is nov 10) and for the past 3 wks or so, she's been in the HORRIBLE mommy phase. she wants NO ONE but me - including daddy. she will literally freak out if she goes to anyone else. she's NEVER been like this - normally she is happy with whoever. how long will this last? i can't do anything -- get a shower, eat, pee, NOTHING!

Advertisement

snelson924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "mommy phase" is KILLING me!!

With my first it went from 6 months to 18 months (gosh that was a long year!)... my second isn't near as clingy but boy she gets jealous of baby sis (they are 17 months apart) and even though she's 2 she still freaks out if I put baby in sling without putting her in the other sling. Baby is (not so much baby) 9 months and just starting a little clingy. We'll see. Sorry mama! If you don't have a sling get one and ride it out
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

my ds was clingy. He is almost 2 and is finally getting better.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

I have an 8 month old who is the same way. Actually, he has been like that since he was about 2 months old. Will not eat for anyone else, sleep for anyone else, and will only tolerate someone else holding him for a few seconds (hubby included). I don't really have any advice, just to say that you are not alone. This is typically a side effect to being AP. So it IS normal.

I think they start getting really independent around 3...and no longer want anything to do with us. I just try to enjoy it while it lasts.

OH!! Do you babywear? I find this REALLY helps me stay productive when he is being clingy. Just throw him on your back.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Awww.. I know I am no help, but enjoy it! It won't be too long until they will be in the 'independant" phase and will no longer require Mommy so much. It is hard & sometimes a little stressful when little one only wants you, but look at it this way... right now you are ALL that matters in her world. She feels safe with you and she is making sure you don't go away. It was hard when my oldest dd did that, but by the time dd3 came along.. I was completely happy to be 'everything" to her. She & I have always been close too. The girls are all older teens now & dd3 is 12yrs.old, so not a baby anymore. I would enjoy the time that your LOs let you love on them. Daughters usually switch to Daddy's Girls faster than you know. It was kinda bittersweet for me, but Daddy's need love to huh?

I changed the way I thought when dd3 came a long and let her go everywhere with me. She sat in the surgery waiting area for 8 hours completely happy on my lap while I waited on my Aunt {that raised me} to get her Cancer surgery. It was amazing to the staff at how wonderfully content she was. It did get alittle tiring, but I love sharing that story. She was just all about ME.

Good Luck Mama! Unfortunately, it doesn't last that long.