Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
Registered Users
Comfy infant shoes?

My 8 month old kicks off any shoes I try to put on him, so he is typically always barefoot or in socks (more often in socks, now that its getting cold out). Perhaps he just needs to get used to them?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good comfortable infant shoe? I LOVE the way pedipeds look...but they are kind of pricey. Are they worth it?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Wife (married 4/11/05), and proud anti-circ, anti-vax, natural birthing, CDing Mama to Baby Cannon(2/16/08)
nethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Comfy infant shoes?

Last year my kidlet went through winter in just socks inside. I pretty much have only used soft-soled leather shoes to date - he just clomps around and trips a lot in hard-soled shoes. Try Robeez or there are any number of knock-off shoes on ebay and on line for about 1/3 the cost of robeez. They aren't good on really hot pavement or where there are a lot of stones and sharp things to step on because they are so thin, but they're good for learning balance, I guess.
Jaz. Married to an awesome man, mama to two three cuties,
always missing our butterfly baby.
Earn gift cards or paypal $ with Swagbucks by searching with swagbucks!
jazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I absolutely LOVED ds's pedipeds and so did he! I definitely think they are worth the money! If you think they are to pricey try finding them on ebay or try knock off robeez.
HSing mama to &
& one angel who grew wings before their feet touched the ground
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

ITA about soft soled shoes, that's all we did during the winter - if you want, I have a pair of navy blue EUC Wiggees with pigs on them size 6-12 mos for $8ppd if you'd like something inexpensive to try out...Wiggees are very similar to Robeez and Bobux.
Jennifer, WAHM to "Lil' Peanut" and "Chunka Munka" , twin girls born September 2006
Visit Northwoods Toys' Etsy Shop! Click here!
Visit Northwoods Toys' WAHM Wares thread for felt play food, plushies and SEWING CARDS!
BumbleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

We love love love preschoolians (search on the web). I've found that if the shoes are comforable my LO won't try to take them off.
L&D RN, Hypnobabies instructor & Proud SAH Mama to Gavin born 4/19/2007 and Liam born 11/28/2009.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
Registered Users

We love love pedipeds best, then preschoolians, then robeez and bobux, and other soft soled.. we do only these for the first yr. or more, and then after they are strong walkers we start some See Kai Runs and Crocs..
Becky SAHM to Isaiah13, Caleb12, Becca10, Sarah9, Abby7, & John-Marc5
Married to my second love, Marc
Jesus being my first

Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
My Mood:

I used Jack & Lily shoes on DD once she started cruising (9-10ish months), but before that it was either bare feet or she had socks on.

Once she started walking, we went with Pedipeds, but quickly switched from those to See Kai Run shoes, because the Pedipeds were very slippery (and she would slide on all surfaces) and didn't seem to be thick enough to protect her outdoors.

The SKR shoes are great... the only downfall is that they're made for wide feet and my daughter's feet aren't all that chubby, so she can take them off pretty easily (and then she wants to put them back on and gets mad when she can't).
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I use soft soled shoes till my kids hit 3yrs. I wouldn't put pedipeds on a child that was new to walking, they are slick on the bottoms, and they would be a waste of money on a child that wasn't walking yet. If you are looking for nice soft shoes that aren't too pricey you can look at target, they carry some made by Bobux I believe. Or there is shoezoo on ebay, hers are a great price and really good quality. There are also wahms on here who make soft shoes in several diffrent materials and I have had good luck with them.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
Registered Users

Shooshoos are the BEST I have tried every kind, and LOVE soft shoes, check them out, they're made nicer and hold up better and don't wear out as fast as Robeez.
Anna (26) wife to Kevin (29) ~very conservative, Jesus loving,
breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing,
extended rear facing, no-circ, no-vax, no-fluoride, proud SAHM/photographer mommy to
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
Registered Users
Formerly: momto2Es
My Mood:

I loved Fussy Boy booties for my kids (, but they don't have much of a selection these days!
Suzi - CPS Tech mommy to my 3 Es - Emmit (3.19.04) & Evangeline "Evie" (2.28.06) and Emory (1.22.09)
momto3Es is offline   Reply With Quote