Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

should we go back to diapers?

So we've been working on this for about 2 weeks and DS has done not too bad. He poops in his undies, but we catch most pees. He has yet to tell me when he has to go, but will go willingly most times when I take him. He doesn't like his diaper, but will wear it to be and for his naps. We've had just about every nap waking dry.

But today he looked at me and then spread his legs open and peed. I said stop we'll pee inthe potty, but his bladder was empty.

What do I do? is this just normal? Should I invest in training pants. We've just been wearing underwear and a tshirt during the day.

would going to diapers put us backwards or encourage him to tell me? The biggest reason is`we were at my sisters yesterday and he peed at the supper table
Help

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

Last edited by rawheid; 10-20-2008 at 09:33 AM.
rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: should we go back to diapers?

any thoughts?
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 10-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Why did you put him in underwear? Are you just starting? I don't know if starting in under wear right away is really a good idea. Certainly I would stick with diapers if he's peeing on the floor etc. Maybe go with diapers that don't feel dry though if you're worried about that.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
linsey2123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS only gets to wear underwear after hes gone potty already. He has gone on the floor and other places a few times. Otherwise he wears a diaper or training pants.
linsey2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

We went to underwear since the diapers we have are starting to get too small and I didn't want to make a larger size. His fitteds still fit (though not for much longer), but all the AIO's and pockets are too small. Plus they don't offer the ease of pulling them on and off. None of our diapers have fleece lining so he always feels the moisture.

I'm in the process of making some trainers out of the Katrina's pattern. They wont be super waterproof if he empties his bladder completely.

I guess I just need to make some more trainers and try to be more patient and pay closer attention.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

We just did the thicker gerber undies with the plastic pants over them, that way I (and dd knew) she had gone, but it didn't end with a mess all over the floor or couch or something. I say if he's doing well most of the time in udies, keep him in undies. I would think that putting him back in the diaper says he's not ready for undies.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

well i bought ditto daddy trainer pattern yesterday so in the next week or so I'm going to ake him some trainers and we
'll see how that goes
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 10-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
mapaullin
Registered Users

i'd say put him in trainers. EC is two steps forward, one step back kind of thing. also, i have noticed with my DS (and after being given hints from other EC'ing mamas) that he loses control over his pees after eating wheat. he doesn't go when i take him and then he'll have a miss less than 5 minutes later. also, we use old pants a lot for EC. i went to the thrift store and got a couple pairs of sweats, cut off the bottoms, and use those as the EC'ing pants. and then our trips to the park are the same, no diaper and pants i don't care if get peed in.

we go back to diapers when we travel. use g-diaper. i think others might get grossed out by DS peeing on their floors... he does fine, we just EC when we know he has to go.
mapaullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I thought that I'd give a progress report. Today I heard DS in the bathroom he was trying to get on the toilet by himself. He was starting to have a BM, but since I interupted him he didn't finish. 20 min later he went in his underwear. Then an hour later I heard him in the bathroom again. This time I just peeked through the crack in the door and he had climbed on the toilet (backwards, that's how I'm teaching him right now) went pee, wiped and was flushing when I looked in.

We did a happy dance together and he got a sticker and he was sooooo excited. So I'm in the process of making him some Ditto Daddy trainers and I hope that we will only progress from here.
Join me on Swagbucks