Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #51
BAF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: NOT CIRCUMCISING positive advice?? UPDATE!!

never tug on the foreskin, it is not supposed to retract until they are older, much older, like 3 maybe?

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #52
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boys are 20, 14, and 7 and we never touched their penises when they were little, just let nature take its course. When they were 3-4 and to the washing themselves stage, we just showed them how to retract when in the tub and that was that. None of them have ever had any kind of problem. I'm thinking that your doctor is an older doc? Anyone who graduated in the last 15 years should know that you don't forcefully retract a foreskin. Big kudos to you for following your Mama insincts as to what is best for your ds!
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #53
Beaker
Registered Users
seller

I think changing pedis is a GREAT idea. I did it myself at 2 months.
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #54
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaramommyof2 View Post
10/24
OK mama's I called the doc yest. because i am still so mad and worried about my LO's poor penis. I talked to the doc personally, this is what he said.
He said that if you don't pull the forskin back a little each time you change there diaper that it will make it harder for them when they grow up to pull it back. I told him that I was worried about scar tissue forming and that I wish I hadn't pulled it back at all. That at the tip of his poor pnis it does look a little lets say distressed. He told me it was my choice and I told him that I had some articles to show him. ( because I do like him in other areas I guess. He seems like a nice caring ped. and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.) BUt he told me that in reference to the articles, anyone can post something on the interent and that it doesn't prove anything to him. His medical schooling is proof enough. So mama's I am going to follow my gut and that is to NOT pull it back in any way! Thank God for you mama's. I guess my first sign to me that it wasn't right to pull it back, was when I noticed that there was not a penis poking through but bright red raw tissue. Poor little guy. I am not really thrilled with my docs closed mind so I think I will be changing peds after talking to him. So that is my experience and I pray that my LO will not have any probelms in the future. from possible scar tissue that may have formed from my 5 weeks of every other day slightly pulling back of his forskin! Thanks again!!

So he must think even the official AAP site is BS then??
http://www.aap.org/publiced/BR_Uncircumcised.htm

I'd sure direct him to the official site and call him on that! His response was a big arrogant!

And good for you mama for going with your gut!!!!

Our first DS is circ'ed, but not our second DS. And we changed pediatricians too because the first thing she did was try to retract it!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #55
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Doctors often have a hard time admitting when they are wrong....they have to maintain confidence at all times. He is definitely WRONG!

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #56
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

Holy sheep, isn't that malpractice?! What kind of dumba$s Dr. does not have a clue about a NATURAL penis?! I wonder all the other mama's out there who have followed his advice and their kids are permanently damaged as a result. I'd educate him first, and find a new ped ASAP!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote