Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What is wrong with my DD??

DD, nearly two and half, is sick...maybe. Ugh things like this give me major anxiety issues.

Nearly two weeks ago her nose started running, after 2 or 3 days she started coughing. That was last Wednesday or Thursday. She's had a kind of yucky cough since then, but the runny nose has tapered off a bit. She never had any funky colored snot, no fever, nothing, just a runny nose and cough. On Wednesday morning, she threw up a bunch of mucous. I guess all of it that had settled over night started moving and made her gag, she threw it up and she was fine the rest of the day, she ate fine, played etc. Yesterday she was still coughing quite a bit, but the runny nose is nearly gone.

We woke up this morning, and I went in to get her and she was COVERED in liquid poo, not necessarily diarrhea, but a massive amount of liquid poo. She hadn't pooed since Tuesday (not unusual for her to go only a couple of times a week, not necessarily constipated, she just goes a lot at once, but its not liquid). We got her bathed and her bedding in the washer and she was kind of upset, but got over it and ate a big breakfast. She played fine all afternoon. She's been up from her nap for a while and she's just kind of off. I don't think she has a fever, but she's refusing to eat or drink much, though she is munching on crackers right now. She keeps asking to be held, but then she wants down and to play, but after just a few minutes she wants to be held again. Funny thing is, she's not coughing much at all today. She hasn't had anymore poo either, and ate great up until her nap.

Ugh, I can't stand this, back and forth. She's fine...no she isn't. It would be great if her symptoms would make up their mind. I don't have a clue what's going on.

Does anyone have any ideas?? Illnesses make me really anxious and worried, like to the point I want to leave until its all cleared up because I just almost can't handle it, and how much I worry. Its my weird issue.

Someone make me feel better, please.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
ericsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is wrong with my DD??

My DS always has all those symptoms when teething. Is she cutting any teeth? If she is not acting sick, that is my guess.
ericsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, she just let out a giant toot, think grown man kind of gas. Now she seems to be more herself.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would hazard a guess of sinus infection. It was probably just allergies at first and has now moved into an infection, thus the fever. I can get really sick to my stomach when my sinuses are draining too much. Especially overnight it pools down in the throat and moves to the stomach and all that drainage and mucus can make you pretty sick. But that is just my guess.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
5babyz4me
Registered Users

We've been sick with something similar in our household. And that stuff was nasty. I was the only one that ended up with a fever. That was last weekend. I still have TONS of thick mucus in the back of my sinus but my nose doesn't run anymore. There is even a bit of color to it at times. (sorry, TMI) My 21 mod and 3 yod are still coughing at times and still have a runny nose. My 21 mod is rather clingy but then he'll go play for a while. He's extra grouchy as well.

I would relax momma. I know that it's harder to that when we're tired from them being sick and a little worried that something awful might be going on. But really, that is all that can be done. Everyone goes though these seasons where it just seems like a child is just sick all the time. We do it about twice a year with all of our children. There are 7 of us to carry sickness around so we tend to be sick alot during those seasons. I hope she feels better soon.

wife to Chris (13 years)
mom of Jenny(10), Josh(8), Ally(7), Andrew(4), Josiah(2), Ashley (1), Baby Bean EDD May 2010
5babyz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a sinus infection to me too. I just went to the doc today and have been sick for a few weeks with very similar symptoms to your DD (except the pooing on myself of course!)