Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
4marinebratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Candy Recall!

I know we all are aware to check our children's candy they get when trick or treating for opened or tampered with treats but I wanted to advise you to also toss out any of the little "gold coins" chocolate they get to. Here is a link to check out http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp. This candy is sold at dollar stores at in bulk at places like Costco.

Advertisement

~ Carrie, loving life as a wife to DH and SAHM to my little ones ( 96, 00, 07, 08). with #5
4marinebratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Candy Recall!

Interesting and a bit scary. That article did specifically mention candy sold in Canada...not sure if the same candy was sold in the US though. Either way, I'll be looking out for those at Halloween!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for the heads up! I will definitely be on the lookout for these in my kids treat bags.

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the info, I passed it on to everyone in my email address book!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
4marinebratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasbaby View Post
Interesting and a bit scary. That article did specifically mention candy sold in Canada...not sure if the same candy was sold in the US though. Either way, I'll be looking out for those at Halloween!
Yes it is very scary. Apparently it has been sold in Costco nationally. I think it has been distributed from Canada. I figured I am not gonna take the chance, the kids will have plenty of candy in their treat bags and would not miss any I throw out. Hopefully by Halloween everyone gets this information.
~ Carrie, loving life as a wife to DH and SAHM to my little ones ( 96, 00, 07, 08). with #5
Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4marinebratz View Post
I know we all are aware to check our children's candy they get when trick or treating for opened or tampered with treats but I wanted to advise you to also toss out any of the little "gold coins" chocolate they get to. Here is a link to check out http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp. This candy is sold at dollar stores at in bulk at places like Costco.
WHAT!!! I had 3 bags from the $1 store and the kids got them as treats for doing special things (like brining down their laundry without being asked, and keeping thier room clean) UGH!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
4marinebratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiyana4969 View Post
WHAT!!! I had 3 bags from the $1 store and the kids got them as treats for doing special things (like brining down their laundry without being asked, and keeping thier room clean) UGH!!!!!!!!!
I think somewhere online or maybe on the link you can find the product information if you still have the original packaging. I think most the dollar stores that sold this particular candy were in Canada but I think they were sold at Costco here in the states.