Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How do I make her eat? NEW QUESTION POST 13

Originally Posted by Genesis&AbramsMom View Post
If it was a sensory issue, wouldn't she have other signs also? If so, what would they be? Oh and she gag while eating the noodles also.
I do believe she would have other sensory type issues. She also *probably* wouldn't gag on the one food she agrees to eat such as the noodles. My thinking with the weight loss and the gagging is that she needs to be medically evaluated. Then, if everything checks out ok, I'd look into sensory/behavioral issues. Trying not to scare you, and give you more info than you need right now, but there are medical conditions, specifically GI issues that can come up and cause the feeding refusal, gagging, and weight loss. Do you think she's gagging because she's having a hard time swallowing? Does she or did she have reflux symptoms? Food allergies?

Mommy to: E 11-29-05 and A 9-25-01
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

Don't make her eat. First of all it's not right...second of all she'll eat when she's hungry. Continue to provide healthy balanced small meals (5 times a day) and let her eat how much she wants. She'll tell you when she's hungry.

DD does this still. I usually say "please take 2 bites of each thing and then you may be done if you are not hungry".
.Jena. Wife to Rob. Mommy to my E^3
CLICK Flawless Intentions
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

Have you looked at the checklist? There was quite a few on there that I didn't even think about with my daughter. I just thought it was HER. My daughter is a sensory seeker so she seems like she's ADD. Since she's a seeker, orally she only wants crunchy foods. Things she knows she can feel.

Some are avoiders like my oldest. Tags out clothes, shoes too tight, can't brush her hair, etc. I never in my life thought about sensory problems.

If you don't see anything else on the checklist, I think Melissa is right on. There are GI problems that she could be having. I would call the doc for an appt bringing in the sensory checklist, her symptoms, and the food list of what she is accepting and go from there.
Mama to Katie (4) Renny and Riley (3) Lilith (3 months)
pillywiggins is offline   Reply With Quote