Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
My drama queen 7 year old

Almost every morning, she's so exhausted (she's had plenty of sleep) that she cries, groans, lays on the floor because she's a drama queen. I go through this so often that I've turned a deaf ear to it and have had to get her up earlier so she can be ready for her ride in the morning.

This morning, I had it! After laying on the floor in the bathroom because she was too tired to get up, I picked her up and placed her in a chair at the kitchen table. She screamed and screamed at the top of her lungs with tears and snot running everywhere and I told her if she kept it up, I would put her in the freezing cold shower. She didn't listen, so I picked up my dd, cute pajamas and all, and put her in the shower and blasted the cold water. She screamed but after about 10 seconds, she pulled herself together. I wrapped a towel around her, helped her get dressed and put her back at the kitchen table to finish her untouched breakfast. I told her I will continue to do this if she doesn't pull her act together in the morning. I think she got the hint.

Advertisement

Last edited by Namaste; 10-27-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
eco-baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My drama queen 7 year old

a cold shower - good call mama sounds like a heck of a way to start the day...PS my drama queen is almost 9 and much better now than before
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-baby View Post
a cold shower - good call mama sounds like a heck of a way to start the day...PS my drama queen is almost 9 and much better now than before
So, there's hope? Please tell me yes!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
kasatk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my sil's little girl (5 at the time) use to pitch such fits getting up, dressed and ready for school that my s-fil (we...dh, me, our 4 dc, sil, her dd, s-fil & mil all lived together for 9 1/2 months) would look at the clock and give us warnings starting at 15 mins till she got up.

one day my kids are eating b'fast, i'm packing lunches, mil & s-fil are getting ready for work...and s-fil says " oh no...time for J to get up " and my 2 yr old said "oh great...all hell is about to break loose! "

she is 9 now and from what i hear she is better...not sure what her mom did or didn't do....

**i use to have a dd who would lay her an outfit for school out the night before then change her mind to the point that everything in her closet would be in the floor and she would be in tears that she had nothing to wear. one day i reached my limit and made her get in the van (in an enclosed garage...in august...in the south) in just her undies. she thought i was going to make her go to school in just them...lol...she found something she wanted to wear really quick and i never had that problem again.

may have been mean...but it worked!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I make them go to bed earlier, even if they are already getting enough sleep. If they don't get ready without argueing/whining in the morning, they go to bed earlier that night.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
PalmyraMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh THANK YOU!!!! No, my DD doesn't do THAT (yet) but she is SUCH a drama queen I was starting to think I had done something horribly wrong as a mama!!! Nice to know mine isn't the only one!!
PalmyraMom is offline   Reply With Quote