Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Jillibird
Registered Users
seller

HELP!!! My old year old is fussy ALL THE TIME!

DS turned one 10/8 and pretty much since then he's been fussy and VERY needy. This is a COMPLETE turn around for a child who would play independently until a few weeks ago. I NEED ideas! He follows me around and pulls on my legs until I pick him up. We are still nursing and we co-sleep, we are practicing AP parenting and I have NO IDEA what to do! Please help!

Advertisement

Jillibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
amykins
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP!!! My old year old is fussy ALL THE TIME!

We are not really APers and had this same thing happen around a year. He was super needy like you said and would pull on my pants until I picked him up and didn't even really want to go to his dad. (Very annoying when you're trying to make dinner!) The only thing we really did was just make him hang out with dad in a different room part of the time. Part of the time I just picked him up and dealt with it. I'm pretty sure it was just developmentally related, honestly, because he quit doing it after a few weeks. I know it's frustrating...so hang in there!
amykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Is he getting his molars? I have seen kids that didn't have problems with teething other teeth become a totally different child while getting molars.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
mrscakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know this for sure, but I've read that as LOs are at stages where they're learning a ton of new stuff and becoming more independent, they can also get more clingy at the same time. Z is 11 mos and is learning to walk, getting better at signing, and hitting a lot of milestones... he's also sleeping like crap, clings to my leg while I'm trying to get stuff done around the house and screams when I leave the room. This probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I just keep trying to remind myself that it's a phase and this too shall pass.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Both my babes go through phases of neediness and independence. DD is 10 months and in a needy phase. DS is 2.5yrs and is in a major independent stage! I try to just follow their lead in this area and give them the attention they are craving. I know it drives you bonkers when you want to get a few things done, but your little one will only benefit from your extra comfort and attention
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote