Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #31
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: be honest with me . . .

I was using sposies a lot too, until I started with wool. But that only worked sometimes, so I had to figure out something new. So now I do a double stuffed pocket under wool. It works really well! I haven't had a leak since making the switch. And it's really not as bad bulk wise as some of the night time dipes.
But I don't blame you for sticking with the sposies. I told myself if I woke up to a wet bad one more time I was going back to them too. It's just too much to have to wash the sheets daily!

Advertisement

kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #32
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I know some people think that more absorbancy is the best thing to do, but for my boy we just needed extra barriers. When he was going through his super soaker phase I would put him in a fully stuffed pocket (not fitted) w/a PUL cover over it and then wool over that and sometimes fleece jammies, too. It always worked. Now he is in a fitted either w/a doubler or just a Peewell alone, plus wool over that and then he's in a blanket sack that I made him which catches any leaks.

Good luck! And I also think everyone needs to try Trista's diapers! They are wonderful (and her customer service is top notch!!).
Old 05-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #33
momto2sweeties
Registered Users
seller

No leaks for us here. But.......one weekend I was away and I had my son in sposies.... , tada, he slept through every single night I was away. We racked our brains when I returned what made him sleep so great and we finally came up with the disposable. So now, he wears one every night, and sleeps through, and until 7:00!!!! And yes, I'm having way too much fun with smilies.
momto2sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #34
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

someone use to put a sposie over the night time diaper too uhmm dont recall who?? you can try that. so you wont have wet sheets.
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #35
Sophiasmomma

try maybe a VB nights w/ an extra doubler then a wool cover and use either longies or a pr of fleece shorts for your childs pjs...
Old 05-21-2006, 01:57 AM   #36
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

My 2 year old still nurses at night and pees a veritable flood.

We've found 2 things that (mostly) work..

1) fitted with stay-dry inner, 2 doublers, and a 300wt fleece soaker over it
2) windpro pocket diapers stuffed with Sherri's nighttime inserts plus 2-3 doublers

His pj's feel dampish in the morning but that's okay with me. I'd rather he have something breathable and get the pj's / sheets a bit damp than have the moisture stay on his skin. I found that when we used PUL pockets overnight, he would soak the insert and then leak out the leg, causing a big ol' puddle on the pj's and sheets. That was not fun for either one of us. And around here, even a Huggies Overnight disposable lasts 6 hours max, so it's not really a solution either. I feel your pain..
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:29 AM   #37
jessicad
Registered Users

Well, it looks like you've got your answers, but I'll throw my just for fun....

I still use disposables at night. The best advice that I got when I started CDing is that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing (this made everything A LOT less intimidating). I went wild buying dipes when I first started, and then I decided that I needed to chill on spending money (I know, crazy, eh? ) so I never really got into finding the perfect overnight combo. I'm okay with using one disposable a day...it works for us.
jessicad is offline   Reply With Quote