Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #11
Strawberrybottombaby
Registered Users
Formerly: incidentallyyours
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vancouver Island mama's

Nice Diaper Stephvenzina! Are you going to try making a pocket, AIO, or just covers???

Advertisement

Strawberrybottombaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #12
Stephvezina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by incidentallyyours View Post
Nice Diaper Stephvenzina! Are you going to try making a pocket, AIO, or just covers???
Thanks a lot!!! I am making a whole bunch of testers (AI2s, AIOs, Pockets, wool covers) and on my way to start my own little business "on the side". Tell me if you would like to try them out! They will be posted on my etsy soon (within the next couple of days...)
Stephvezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #13
Jenifern
Registered Users

HI
I'm new here too. I live up in the Discovery islands, near Quadra.

I recently found the Huckleberry baby shop online, she's just north of Nanaimo in Lantzville (Sorry I'm too new to be allowed to post links I guess). She carries some great stuff and for good prices compared to other Canadian sites I have gone too. Plus discounts for larger orders. I'm new to cloth diapers (actually have yet to implement them on baby #4) but am very excited.
Jenifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
Lexmonster
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm in Victoria, and I have bought from Jamtots, ebay and here on Diaperswappers. I have a small stash of about 6 diapers and will be doing the newborn stage in disposables as my chance on having a C-section due to medical issues is very high.

Mom to R 03/09
Lexmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #15
mamasewsbest
Registered Users
Formerly: Senzafine
seller

My Mood:

I'm from Victoria and if I buy any locally it's through JamTots but I really don't like anything they have. They don't really have much of a selection. I usually buy on the FSOT here.

eta: steph, looks great! I also am on my way to making my own...I would love to do it as a wahm business. I am jealous of your snap press, lol!
Girl #3 on the way for January 2013!
WAHM behind Abernathy Naturals.

Last edited by mamasewsbest; 10-28-2008 at 11:39 PM.
mamasewsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #16
Stephvezina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senzafine View Post
I'm from Victoria and if I buy any locally it's through JamTots but I really don't like anything they have. They don't really have much of a selection. I usually buy on the FSOT here.

eta: steph, looks great! I also am on my way to making my own...I would love to do it as a wahm business. I am jealous of your snap press, lol!
hahaha!!! yeah I agree entirely with you on the lack of selection on the local scale. Not that Jamtots is bad, don't get me wrong but it just seems that some of us could come up with styles of diapers that would complement their products. As for the snap press, TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY. I got mine from the US, at "Oh Snap USA!" before the dollar went down. The money is just about all recovered with the testers that I posted on a different thread.... I am already getting a lot of feedback from great moms. It's not easy to get started, but with small steps we local mamas can go a long way!

cheers.
Stephvezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #17
brymommy
Registered Users

Hi! I just signed up when I saw this thread.

I buy all my diapers from BlueZoobabyboutique (just add the www and com) or Jamtots... BlueZoo is local and will deliver locally (Victoria and surrounding areas).

I'm having fun the past couple weeks playing with new diapers (I'm the tester for BlueZoo's products) but we use a stash of TinyTushes and BerryPlushes the most. But I'm excited to try new diapers.
brymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #18
sheenamc
Registered Users

Hi,
I am new to this site and to victoria. Looking for mama's who want to go for walks or maybe have tea. PM me if you are interested
sheenamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #19
FiestyJess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

im not living on the island currently but i am from there grew up in the Comox Valley

im in Alabama now tho
Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #20
kikismiles
Registered Users

Hi all I am new here and from Victoria too. I was a bit slow getting on board with CDing, I didn't start till DD was 10 months old. I wanted try when she was 6 months, but lets just say a bad experience with a local retailer kept DD in sposies. I finally bought 6 fuzzi bunz on line and I am loving cloth. I mean they are so soft, so cute, why oh why didn't I do this earlier. I want to try more. I hate that there is no local selection because shopping blind is always a risk, but it worked with my FB's so here hoping.
kikismiles is offline   Reply With Quote