Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #11
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which Britax carseat?

OMG, I love our Boulevard. I love that I will never have to take it out of my car to adjust it as she gets taller. It is so easy. I love that it has side impact protection. The Marathon doesn't. Most fatalities or closed head injury from MVA's come from side impacts. I just talked about this with our head of neurosurgery in the Neuro ICU the other day. We were talking about how awesome it is that kids carseats have come so far in the last couple years. She wishes it was mandatory that all kids carseats require true side impact protection.

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #12
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I got mine for $270 with free shipping new, in the box on eBay. At the time it was the only place I could find it in Onyx black since the Britax CS rep told me when I called them that it would be January before I'd be able to get that cute girly one like you want. Obviously she didn't know what she was talking about.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #13
desertblossom79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnn View Post
Oh, and I got mine for $270 with free shipping new, in the box on eBay. At the time it was the only place I could find it in Onyx black since the Britax CS rep told me when I called them that it would be January before I'd be able to get that cute girly one like you want. Obviously she didn't know what she was talking about.
Actually, it's out of stock and I've ask but haven't heard back yet and maybe that's why.

I hope they get them in stock in January because it looks like the Boulevard it is. Unfortunately, my 5yo dd likes that Shannon print too and now she wants a carseat like the baby's. Why do they not put fun prints on the Regents?

Anywho, thanks for all your help mamas. I don't have anywhere here that I can compare them side by side and I didn't want to pay extra for features that were useless if I didn't have a tiny infant. I feel much better about splurging $300 on a carseat. (But shhhh, don't tell dh. He'll freak out from sticker shock But in the end, he'll remember that he left the decision to me and just shrug it off. )

Thanks again

Jeni

Patrick (9), Sean (7) Caitlyn (6), Brooke (1)Owen (4/08)
desertblossom79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

There is a recall on Britax Boulevards...not an actual recall, basically just a warning to undo the upper tether when your child reachs 50 lbs.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...eat.cfm#britax
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #15
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Few things,

#1, car seat laws vary by state/country so make sure the seat youíre buying is ok to use in England.

#2 you should NOT be using bulky clothing in the car seat if it requires you to loosen the straps, itís a no no. reason being that in an accident, the clothing can compress and allow the child to move and be injured

I have a marathon & a boulevard. The boulevard has TSIP and an adjuster knob. The adjustor knob is worth the extra $$ imo. I never have to rethread the harness! Works for those days when your kid grew 1/4in overnight!

The marathon has been out longer and has better patterns
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #16
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm my wizard manual says that for forward facing I have to use the top tether (not the lower anchors though). If you really wanted to you could call the vehicles manufacturer and get the tether piece and install it yourself. The piece costs about $10 and from what I understand comes with instructions. This is what i was told to do by GMC because while other dealers will install them for free GMC charges $200 a tether spot. My oldest is in a Regent which also says that when used for a child over 50lbs I have to use an upper tether.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #17
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I was on the britax website earlier today doing research myself and the user manual for all say they can use the seat belt forward facing! HTH!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #18
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
The boulevard has TSIP and an adjuster knob. The adjustor knob is worth the extra $$ imo. I never have to rethread the harness! Works for those days when your kid grew 1/4in overnight!
Yep, the harness adjustment knob is BRILLIANT! We have three Boulevards (one for me and DH, then my mom has one too) since we loved the first one so much.

I'm actually really sad that when the new baby comes we'll have to replace my Boulevard with a Radian80 so we can fit two car seats and a booster in the back of my car... but it will be going into DH's car so it's not like it will be totally gone Buying a new car just really isn't an option financially right now, so swapping out the car seats is a must
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #19
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
Marathon. Definitely.
I agree completely...you need to find a locla store and put you dd in both to try out...its a completely different take on fitting right when you try them in person>!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #20
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun View Post
I'm actually really sad that when the new baby comes we'll have to replace my Boulevard with a Radian80 so we can fit two car seats and a booster in the back of my car... but it will be going into DH's car so it's not like it will be totally gone Buying a new car just really isn't an option financially right now, so swapping out the car seats is a must
Just out of curiosity, why are you planing on getting the Radian80 instead of the Radian65? For the infant padding or for the higher wieght limit?
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote