Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Smile Tell me about your 'sit and stand' stroller...

I am really liking the looks of the sit and stand strollers, and might be writing that my Christmas list for my in-laws. For those of you that have one, any recommendations on a particular one? Does the front seat recline back at all? I noticed one said up to 50 lbs, another one said up to 80 lbs.. but it's not really specifying why.. (target.com) DS is only 30lbs but I think I would like the one that goes up to 80lbs to last him even longer. I would appreciate any info!

Advertisement

Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your 'sit and stand' stroller...

We've had two sit and stands. One was bought used and I thought the reason I couldn't steer it was due to it being used; so we bought one new. I had the same issue. With (2) 30 pound toddlers I couldn't steer it . The front seat did recline part way, but you seriously encroach on the back rider's space.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
rbwinckler
Registered Users

My Mood:

Great question as we are noe prg w/ no. 2. I will be subbing to this post for recommendations. Thanks
rbwinckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well I just have a 2 1/2 yr old -- I have 3 more kids, but they are much older and way past stroller age.. But I just wanted something to accommadate him if he gets tired, I can recline a little and he can sleep.. or when he is in his more hyper moods he can hop on the back.
I would like to have another baby someday, but I am not counting on that.
Does anyone know if any bucket car seat would snap on the front? There might be occasion that will go out somewhere with my brother and his new lo and might need to clasp it's carseat on there to make things easier.
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
MRL2611
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Joovy Caboose. It holds up to 90lbs combined. My 5 year old (60lbs) can ride comfortably standing or sitting in the back. It can work with just about any infant carseat too. It is a bit heany to some though. It also has a higher push bar ( I am tall so that is very important!)
Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an older model Sit N Stand. I used it with my 1st and 2nd DSs. It is heavy and has a small basket. When you get two kids on there it is super heavy to push and the steering leaves something to be desired. For one kid to have the flexibility to either stand on the back or sit in the seat, might be nice. But, I have never used it that way.

Mine came with an adapter bar that you had to install to use most infant car seats in it. Now, they probably have it integrated into the design.

Overall, I am not sure it was worth the money. I have not used it in 4 years. My youngest 2 kids are only 2 years apart, so it would seem like I would have used it with them more. But, I have never put them in it. But, that may have more to do with the fact that I have changed my parenting style a lot over the years too. I tended to wear the younger ones more and use the stroller less than I did with the older two.

If you can get one for a good price at a consignment store or on Craig's List, maybe give it a try.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used my sister's Deluxe Sit N' Stand all last year with the three kids (I wore one, and the two little guys rode in the seats (with the deluxe one - the back stand part has a seat option as well). When we first started using it the little guy was 2 months so he was in his carseat. There is a carseat receiver thing.

But it was super bulky and awkward. It did it's job, but I got a Phil and Ted's this year and I LOVE it. Expensive, but worth it now with four. I got the doubles kit.

I wear my newborn, and the two toddlers sit in the stroller. It is so much easier to get around because it turns really well. The three year old walks with us. There is also a carseat attachment kit to that you can buy.

It was like $399 on sale, but I use it all the time and it has been worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
Well I just have a 2 1/2 yr old -- I have 3 more kids, but they are much older and way past stroller age.. But I just wanted something to accommadate him if he gets tired, I can recline a little and he can sleep.. or when he is in his more hyper moods he can hop on the back.
I would like to have another baby someday, but I am not counting on that.
Does anyone know if any bucket car seat would snap on the front? There might be occasion that will go out somewhere with my brother and his new lo and might need to clasp it's carseat on there to make things easier.