Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Babywearers.... do you have a primary carrier type you use or do you use a variety?

I've finally found a wrap I love... it's all I'm using. Ashley loves it, it's the best comfort wise..... Since getting it I haven't touched any of my ring slings, my pouch, not even my MT....

I have two wraps, and I can do every carry I've wanted now and it's easy to pop her in and out of it.

Would I be crazy to get rid of my other carriers? The biggie that I'm almost a little sad about is my BH... but I'm not using it....

Advertisement

MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babywearers.... do you have a primary carrier type you use or do you use a variety?

Since I got the ergo from you that is all I have used that is why my slings are up on fsot LOL
Old 12-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babywearers.... do you have a primary carrier type you use or do you use a variet

i go back and fourth. lately ive been using my MT and have one on the way. Ive been getting super comfy carries w/ MT. But I know ill come back to wraps so ive kept one in every size.

ETA i still us my slings and what not too. Depends on my mood and Lilys mood

BTW what did you end up getting?
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: Babywearers.... do you have a primary carrier type you use or do you use a variet

My friend gave me her Rainbow Bebina, and I've got a Ella Roo that I'm loving--

All my slings and pouches are ones I made and I hate one shouldered carriers because of back problems---
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

I have one carrier I use. Mei Tai from freehandbaby.com
Old 12-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babywearers.... do you have a primary carrier type you use or do you use a variety?

I only use about two types of carriers regularly, the Mei Tai for long term carrying (shopping trips, housework, hikes ect) and the pouch or ring sling for fast in and out trips where we will be in the car a bit (running Ds1 to school, a quick trip to the grocery store or bank ect). I also have a podegi that I use to change things up, but it doesn't get used that much right now. So no I don't think it is weird, and I think you might look into selling most of your other carriers if you are really loving the wrap. Most moms I have talked to never use another carrier once they really find the wrap love. I could never get the wrap to work for us, so I don't know. I think I would probably keep one favorite mei tai and one pouch or ring sling (I like to have a pouch in the car or diaper bag as an emergency carrier in case I forget another when I go out). That way you have the others if you want them, or for situations where you don't want to use a wrap, but you aren't holding onto a bunch that aren't getting used. And you can use the money to buy more wraps.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only use my pouch from Lucky Baby Wear .... sold all the rest I had
Old 12-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had 10+ carriers. I sold a bunch and i am down to 7 but I honestly only use my Ergo and my headrest BH. I would sell and buy another pretty wrap
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote