Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #91
Witty title here
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone do cry it out?

DD was an EXTREMELY high needs baby and I honestly believe that if we ever tried to CIO she'd be one of those babies that you hear about that cried until they threw up. She would have cried FOREVER. I know you're supposed to check on them, soothe them every 15 mins or whatever, but I honestly think she would have cried all dang night. She was a VERY determined baby who cried A LOT.

Ironically, a couple years I watched a show on Discovery or TLC or something about a family who wanted their daughter to sleep in her own crib instead of their bed, so they had an "expert" come in a show them how to let her CIO and this baby was JUST like DD and yep, she cried until she barfed. Heartbreaking. The ironic part was that she had the same name as DD- Julia Rose.

DS was a baby who loved his crib, hated co-sleeping and put himself to bed everynight without a peep. Then DD rocked my world. She is a die hard co-sleeper, but I'm trying to gently transistion her to her bed now before the new baby comes. She has never CIO'd and I've enjoyed co-sleeping with her for the past almost-4 years Just wanted to give my high needs baby story.

Lisa Mom to: Tyler 9/00 , Julia 12/02 and Ethan 3/07
Check out my photography at
RetroBaby is offline   Reply With Quote