View Poll Results: Question about Gerber resealable packs.
Discard the pack. Just microwave only what you plan on serving next time. 5 62.50%
It's ok to eat from it again 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
marywrathers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question about resealable Gerber food packs

I bought the plastic little boxes/packs of Gerber 2nds vegetable purees yesterday, because I've been really lazy to make my own baby food. I suck. But, I read in the ingredients that it's just vegetables and water. The Gerber 3rds are the ones with preservatives, etc. We microwaved the 1 pack. We tried to feed our LO (6.5 mos), but he didn't want it. We placed the pack in the fridge, but then I remembered reading that you shouldn't eat food that you already microwaved once. Is this true? Thanks!

(Edit: We gave him banana and other types of homemade stuff before this point. I made pureed sweet potatoes etc., so I'm not a "bad" parent :-) )

Advertisement

Last edited by marywrathers; 10-30-2008 at 10:29 AM.
marywrathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
luvmyfluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about resealable Gerber food packs

If it was me, I would have just tossed the container if the baby didn't eat it after I had heated it up.
luvmyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
etenney
Registered Users
seller

I don't like to microwave those little plastic boxes. The plastic WILL melt if you leave it in long enough. That tells me that there's got to be plastic coming off and getting in the food, even if I can't see it, probably every time it's heated. I like to transfer it to a glass baby food jar and only heat it in that. But I wouldn't have a problem with putting it back in the fridge and heating it again if it wasn't all finished up.
etenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

If the spoon has been in your baby's mouth and then back into the container, it should not be re-used. Enzymes in saliva can start to break down the food (you may notice it is more watery when you open it again). Best to put a tiny bit in a bowl to feed at a time.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote