Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
My Mood:
What to do, what to do....just doesn't want to poo....(in the toilet)

DS (almost 4) is almost completely day potty trained when it comes to peeing in the toilet (occasionally will have an accident when in his car seat-normally my fault if I forget to have him go before we leave), but he outright refuses to poo in the toilet. He always saves his poo times until nap and bedtime (which isn't TOO bad-at least he isn't pooing in his regular underpants). I always put him in a pull up because he also pees at nap and nighttime still and I refuse to put him back in diapers at all. I'm not sure how to get him out of this habit. Any advise for this?

Kellie - Mom to Joe 9/11/91, Jacob 1/12/05, Caleb 5/27/06
I've earned over $250 and counting. Sign up HERE for Swagbucks if you like free stuff!
Bugaboo Bottoms Yummy Knit Sets and To DYE for LWI Interlock!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
My Mood:
Re: What to do, what to do....just doesn't want to poo....(in the toilet)

We had the worse time with DS, too. Is it uncomfortable for him to go? DS would hold it until it was hard, and only relaxed enough when sleeping to go. We had to start giving him stool softeners ( can mix it with juice) to help. He's 4 and STILL on a "poop schedule" he doesn't seem to feel the urge to go, so we put him on at 815, and give him a drink (it helps him ) on the potty, and he goes. If he does a big one, he doesn't have to do it again. If he doesn't, he sits again at 2:15 (or any time he's not acting like himself..that usually indicates that he needs to go). Good luck. It's SO FRUSTRATING!
Deanna, wife to Matus :wave2: mama to Lukas (5) and Emma (3) , dogmom to Abby, and feather-mom to a WHOLE MESS of chickens, ducks, turkeys & quail.
Deanner03 is offline   Reply With Quote