Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
laurajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not sleeping through the night anymore!

My DD had started sleeping through the night until we introduced cereal! Now she wakes up once during the night, like last month! Why?? I've heard so many stories of babies not sleeping through the night until they were started on solids... why is DD backwards?

Anyone else with this experience?

Advertisement

We are an unschooling, home birthing, breast feeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, EC'ing, baby wearing, non vaxing, Weston A Price-diet family.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Lunalunita
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Not sleeping through the night anymore!

First of all~ Solids leading to STTN is a myth! There is no scientific correlation!

Secondly~ There is some scientific evidence that solids, especially before a baby is physiologically ready(before six months, can lead to disruptive sleep patterns because of intestinal upset.

Thirdly~ Rice cereal...eh. Not needed!
Lunalunita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
laurajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

now i feel like a bad mom! We tried avocado and pumpkin first, but she did not like them, and she seems to love the cereal. should we stop?

We are an unschooling, home birthing, breast feeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, EC'ing, baby wearing, non vaxing, Weston A Price-diet family.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
j_m_adams
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think the cereal has anything to do w/ her sleeping, my dd is ebf and was sttn at 4 months, but now wakes up at least 4 times a night, my other kids were bf and all had cereal at different ages (4-6 months) and all had different sleep patterns. I have read a lot of posts on here saying, no carbs, rice is bad, and its only empty calories, but IMO unless you have an underweight or FTT baby, its fine to give them some cereal.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
catalina
Registered Users

My Mood:

my daughter is exclusively bf and she used to sleep through the night and now wakes up 2-3 times to eat, or with gas.... maybe its my diet affecting her, maybe its just sleeping patterns that change.