Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Another poop question

Hi all,

We have been dealing with very loose poop for about 10 days. DR is not concerned, says it may be a bug.

My question is do their bowels change as they get older?? DD has been weaned for about 6 weeks. She is doing very well with solids, trying to get her to drink milk, but she is not really interested.

We have been in sposies all this time, because I can't scrape this stuff off her cloth!!

Any ideas?? How long could a stomach bug last? Do they change their poop consistency as they get older? Could this be a food reaction without any other symptoms??

Kate, proud Wife to Richard
Momma to Sophie(9/26/07)
Samantha and Jillian (9/24/09)
Expecting #4 4/4/2011
ladybug6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Another poop question

Might be the solids, I noticed my DD's poop changed a lot once we started solids and it smells terrible.
luna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Another poop question

We've been dealing with the same thing for close to 2 months now...blerg.
Thankfully she usually only poops once a day - 1st thing in the morning. None of the cloth we have could contain it - we tried everything. I bought a pack of Huggies Nighttime a few days ago and so far they're the only thing that has worked for us.

When our ped checked V out everything else looked great (no dehydration, fever, etc.) and she diagnosed her with Toddler Diarrhea...or as the Brits call it 'Peas and Carrots Diarrhea' - which is a totally accurate description! It's caused by their immature digestive systems - so you usually see lots of undigested food chunks. ew.

It started for us when she weaned herself from breastfeeding...I think all the 'goodness' of the BM was helping her digest her solids. The ped told me that we just had to wait it out - I guess it can go on for months (and even years) for some kids...double blerg.

I did some internet research and there are some studies that show that the live cultures in yogurt can help (specifically lactobacillus), so I'm going to give her some Stonyfield whole milk yogurt each day and I'm hoping we'll see a change (we just started today).
Good luck mama - I totally understand how frustrating (and gross) it is !
Wife to my long-haired rock & roll boy
Mama to Veronica 09/12/2007 and Jack 03/10/2009
kellidarling is offline   Reply With Quote