Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
glupton
Registered Users
seller

BPA question about Magic Bullet Blender

I use the Magic Bullet Blender to make DS's baby food and to make, well, a ton of stuff. (Let's just say I've already blown one up, and have one I got as a gift lined up to use if this second one ever dies! ) I just that thing!

Recently I was able to return all of DS's bottles to BRU to exchange them for BPA-free ones. The lady there said you can tell if something has BPA b/c it will be clear, hard plastic.

That got me to thinking that the blender cups that go with the Magic Bullet are all hard, clear plastic. Does that mean they have BPA???

If so, I definitely don't want to be using them to make his baby food, or anybody's food for that matter.

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
maryb16now@aol.com
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BPA question about Magic Bullet Blender

well my bpa bottles are yellowish. I would google it and see if it comes up BPA free or not.
maryb16now@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
cwaldroff
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: BPA question about Magic Bullet Blender

The lactation consultant at the bf support group I go to said an easy way to tell if a plastic had BPA was to squeeze it. If it was soft (or gave a little with the squeeze) it was BPA free. BPA free plastics also have a cloudy look. I've seen the plastic used for the magic bullet and I don't think it's BPA free. But I think, and I could be wrong about this, the plastic only 'leeches' the BPA if it's heated. HTH!
cwaldroff is offline   Reply With Quote